• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.1 Mail Move from Inbox to other folder

I'm using an HTC Incredible with the stock e-mail program that comes with the phone. For e-mail (not gmail), if you want to move e-mail from one folder to another, follow the below process...

From the e-mail listing, select 'menu' and then 'folders'.
Switch folders to the folder where the message you want to move is currently located.
Select 'menu' and then 'more'.
From the pop-up menu, select 'Move to'.
Select the messages that you want to move. You will notice a green check mark in the box to the right of the message listing for each message you want to move.
After all the messages that you want to move are selected, tap the 'Move to (x)' soft button at the bottom of the screen. The number in the brackets is the number of messages that will be moved.
A pop-up menu listing all of the folders will appear. Select the folder to where you want to move messages.

When I'm using my IMAP mail account (not gmail), the sent mail does not go to my IMAP sent mail folder but to the local (on the phone) sent mail folder. After reading many postings, including the ones on google for android development, there is no way to make the IMAP sent mail the default for storing sent messages. I tried using this process to move the sent messages to the server sent box (INBOX.Sent Items). On the phone, I see that the messages are moved. However, on the server, they never show up. This is frustrating. I moved from a Blackberry to Android specifically because Blackberry doesn't handle IMAP mail well unless you purchase Blackberry Enterprise Server - which I'm not going to do for 2 phones on my network. Why is compliance with a standard so hard?

Combine this with the lack of ability to initiate voice dialing from a bluetooth headset, and I'm wondering if Android was a good choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones