2.1 on April 9th? (Yes, yet another 2.1 speculation thread!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. DrRobert

DrRobert Member This Topic's Starter

Just typed "HTC Hero" into Google news and this is the first hit that came up:

Sprint HTC Hero To Get Android 2.1 Update on April 9th

Once again, who knows if it's reliable, but at least it's being reported in the news! Something for us non-rooted members to look forward to.

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

why start another thread when you could have added this repost of information that everyone knows is just a mr update and not android 2.1?

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

omg... you even posted the (Yes Another 2.1...) so you KNOW it was going to annoy!

I'm really getting irritated, sorry, but there is absolutely NO excuse for starting ANOTHER thread.

Personally I hope when the 2.1 does come, that KARMA will get you and your phone will not take the update :p

Where is our admin, please save us from these threads!
    Or at least give us a "No Thanks" to select on the persons profile, lol...
    When a person gets say 50 of them - you can ban em'.
    :eek:

Regards,
    :cool:

NYCHitman1 likes this.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Sigh, can't everyone just be nice to the guy?

Op, thanks for the info... errr... rumor. I, for one, appreciate the link.

Edit - even if it is old information...

5. Hemlox

Hemlox Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I talked to HTC advanced tech line the other day and was told April 9th as well...but I am certainly not holding my breath.

6. VDon

VDon New Member

Seriously, what's the use of speculating when something will come out? You gonna call off work that day? Cancel plans with both of your friends? Just wait for it and settle down.

7. imyourhero

imyourhero Member

I was ATT the other day and the customer service rep told me that a Verizon rep told the him that the Sprint 2.1 update isn't out until October. This is interesting news. I honestly don't even know why I am posting it here. Perhaps I should start a new thread with this information. That's what I'll do.

8. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

what is wrong with you people?

9. Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman Active Member

If it upsets you so much, and you know it is just another 2.1 thread, why do you open the thing up to begin with. Just ignore it and quit being the 2.1 police!! :rolleyes:

10. Kelmar

^ bravo!

11. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Tell ya what... it not about POLICING the forums, there are moderators to do that. BUT, like this thread, there are also people who disregard Forum Etiquette by just blatantly posting and knowing what they have posted will raise hairs on people's necks.

That said... Form users could help themselves and others go a long way to maintaining a respectable Forum by some of the following:

READ and SEARCH for other threads on the topic you wish to talk about - FIRST!

ADD information not already posted in those threads, if the information is already posted there is no need for redundancy, or if you must post, at least it will be all within the same thread topic, making the information easier to find for the next person.

Make an effort to help, not just post for posting sake.
    (narcissistic behavior)

All in all, I don't wish to discourage anyone who feels they want to post, but this much is OBVIOUS. Like last time the 2.x got out of hand, it required moderators to step in. Over the last few days, the 2.x threads have been popping up again all over, so yeah, it gets tiring.

I'm a nobody here... Just posting what I believe to be good FORM and that which will help us all. I try to follow those same examples but couldn't help myself this time, that for which I apologize.

Regards,
    :cool:

12. lunatech

lunatech Active Member

Come on guys, if you don't want to read this thread don't open it. It not like the title wasn't CRYSTAL CLEAR as to what it is about. I enjoy reading these threads even though I'm rooted and 2.1. If ya don't want to read it, just pass it by and quit blasting these guys. Get over it.

13. lunatech

lunatech Active Member

Yea, what he said. :D

14. mattcoz

mattcoz Well-Known Member

It wasn't, it gave the impression that there was some sort of new info or more confirmation. Instead it's a link to some random site just reporting the same rumor, even crediting THIS SITE as the source of the rumor. I mean come on, "EVDO Info" is "the news"?

Sorry, but did you even read it before posting here?

15. Sorce

Sorce Member

2 Weeks

16. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

These threads are great! The Touch Pro was my first smart phone and the people are at PPC geeks chatted about the phone, the features and such...yawn...but this forum F-ing RULES! Users here are crazed about this phone, the patch and dust they can only see with a high powered beam of light. I don't understand, but it cracks me the hell up. Please keep them coming! Maybe we can have a contest, you know, guess the day and time of the release and win a free T-Shirt. I would donate to the cause!

17. MadBrown

MadBrown Well-Known Member

Wow, everyone is cranky...especially since the Droid got 2.1 today and it came out AFTER our phone. Sprint is really starting to irritate me.

18. mbaseball3

mbaseball3 Well-Known Member

Greetings! I just walked off Noahs big boat and well, all of us got to test the sprint update. its cool-ish. especially since us neanderthals got to tinker with it. well any who, when it is done going thru zulu phase of testing it will be released to you. we're predicting the release sometime after march 40th. toodles

Sent from my Steroid 5G from Sprint National using Walk n' Talk

19. Kelmar

The droid only had to upgrade from 2.0... a lot less to change than coming from 1.5.

20. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

lights out. thread closed.

tatonka_Hero, scottmbolt and 702DROID like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.