2.1 OTA releaseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. msjulie

msjulie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to this forum, just got an Eris off ebay (not yet in my eager hands though)

My question is this - when the 2.1 update finally arrives, will there be any way to put it on the phone if the phone is not yet activated on Verizon? For a number of confusing reasons, I'll have this phone and be able to play with/learn about it but it won't be my active phone immediately.

Maybe it's wishful thinking hoping the release is out before I activate it :) but if so, does anyone suppose the official ROM will be available from other than VZW?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Poor kittens :(

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

4. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

eh kill all the kittens, there will be more next month anyways.

5. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that they would push the OTA to you if it's not activated. BUT, you can upgrade it to 2.1 yourself, right now, if you wish.

6. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

7. smacky

smacky Banned

I think you'll be able to do it the same way we got our leak. Once it's released, you'll download It to your SD card and run It from there. I dont think it downloads anything using the signal if youve got the zip file.

8. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I got my phone on December 24, and within about a day of having it active, the OTA update from December 11 showed up. You will receive the OTA after activating your phone, even if your phone wasn't active when the update was first released. Arguably there are also a bunch of Eris phones with 1.5 sitting in boxes in Verizon stores right now, and they will also receive the update to 2.1 when they are activated.