1. Str8_Krazy

Str8_Krazy Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

That sounds good...

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Already a thread about this; post in the other one. Don't create excess clutter please. Mod's, please delete this duplicate thread.

4. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

If mods are going to delete this for being a duplicate thread, then they need to rename the other thread, because while this one is clearly about android 2.1, the other is not.

5. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

+1

6. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

Please I hope this is true, my phone can be so buggy at times

does anyone know If we will be able to install apps on the sd card with 2.1 instead of internal memory?

7. CriticalCritic

I hope so! With the speculation that 2.1 is going to eat up another 20mb of memory, and I only have about 18mbs remaining as it is... and considering all the additional apps we will have access to download... we will really need the capability to save to the sd.

8. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

No, it is still a work in progress. They have not figured out how to make it secure yet. You can root your phone and install something like apps2sd though.

9. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

thanks, I would like to root my phone after 2.1, I dont know how the upgrade to 2.1 will work if my phone is rooted

10. Radical-J

No Worries, my friend. It's going to be written to ROM (Read Only Memory) where the OS is stored and not the RAM Random Access Memory where you are writing your apps...FWIW

11. CriticalCritic

:eek: oh yeah. that's what I get for typing before I think:p

12. NegusDropout

NegusDropout Member

I was extremely giddy when I seen this post on android central last night. The 22nd cannot come fast enough for me.

13. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

sadly, if you read the sprint community forums, it's apparently completely false.

post 36: Samsung Moment:2.1 Update Date.

Post 39 mentions it's probably something to do with being able to update your Moment to CL14 at home rather than going to a repair center. That post is pretty informative, if the guy's not just throwing out a load of crap to make people happy :p

14. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

don't get 2 giddy its just a rumor with not a lot to support the statement as of yet, I hope its true i just don't want to get excited about it because of the good chance it wont happen that day.

15. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

no way its 2.1 upgrade. like u said its probably just the new firmware upgrade for ota or user dl. if it is the 2.1 upgrade ill be damn surprised.

16. Dre89

Dre89 Member

I really hope it's 2.1 but I'm not gonna be holding my breath to see about it.

17. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

My once greatest issue is that when I have WiFi turned on, the phone likes to enter Airplane Mode on it's own. Bluetooth doesn't reconnect to my car visor speaker phone reliably, and the sound quality is poor from sources like Pandora. I hope that 2.1 was written to fix these issues.

18. Thefoodman52

Actually, I've e-mailed them, them being Pandora. They don't yet 'support' this phone, meaning that anything we ARE getting out of Pandora is a miracle in itself. They didn't write the software apparently to support our phone, and they may or may not. That or this is their excuse for it, and they just don't want to deal with it.

So in response; no, 2.1 will not, unfortunately, fix Pandora sounding like runny diarrhea.

19. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I heard a better response, which was that Pandora doesn't support the phone because Samsung wrote a bad sound driver that only buffers a few bytes, effectively making Pandora impossible to stream.

20. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

That's a cop out, IMO. When you hit their website, it clearly states for "your Android phone"..I do no see any "except for the Moment". lol

21. jasonamd

jasonamd Well-Known Member

Sounds like Pandora making up an excuse. I've had iheartradio streaming for hours without a hiccup on several occasions and with decent sound quality.

22. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Iheartradio kills my data connection, when I install it. It has happened on two different moments. Why am I the lucky one?

23. Radical-J

I play it when I go running and also have MyTracks (GPS) logging my miles running in the background. Some days are different than others but I can listen to it no problem. When there is a problem I've noticed it is usually right before the end of a song and only lasts from 3-8 seconds...

24. Schwamy

Schwamy Well-Known Member

Well I dunno what I did, but my Pandora runs smoothly.

25. Thefoodman52

Schwamy, put some ear buds in that are of either excelent quality, or of moderate to good quality. Then tell us if you have any bass in it, or if when bass hits sound as if they give out and don't really have the 'push' they should.