2.1 out in a few days!!!!

Last Updated:

1. Haizum74

Haizum74 Guest This Topic's Starter

Unless I misread this, which I hope I didnt, Gizmodo Liveblog look for 11:04 time wise and there it says that 2.1 will be open source in a few days.

Advertisement
  2. michael_84

michael_84 Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean we will see 2.1 on the hero anytime soon unfortunately.

3. Haizum74

But doesnt mean we wont though. I know it was talking about the Nexus One but ya never know....

4. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Available to manufacturers and carriers in a couple of days. Then there's tailoring and testing that needs to be done before the roll out OTA. So, don't hold your breath.

5. Haizum74

6. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

It will still take some months. HTC have already said they are working on it for the hero on a twitter posting just before Christmas - so it will come - but it will be more than a few days. The time taken is because there's quite a bit of rework and testing for HTC Sense to make best use of 2.1

7. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I guaranty you that most manutfacturers (especially HTC) have had 2.1 in house for quite some time. It's very possible that the 2.1 update for the Hero is completely ready for release, but they just need to wait for the code to go open source so that they are allowed to release it.

It's a bit disconcerting that HTC still hasn't given a release date for 2.1 though, suggesting that they still have some work to do on it, but I absolutely promise you that they dont have to wait until it's open source to START working on it. As proven by the leaked test builds, HTC has had 2.1 in house and have been optimising it for the Hero for well over a month.

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Of course HTC have had their hands on 2.1 for a long time, they created the HTC Nexus One you know??

I'm almost certain the reason NO ONE released it before todays press conference was because a bit part of the conference was introducing 2.1 features.

9. cargo

cargo Member

I really hope it comes this or next week. I'm about to root my phone to use app2sd and it would be awesome to be able to root and then flash the 2.1 rom :)

10. bartjunited

bartjunited Well-Known Member

does this mean that with the pending release of 2.1 there will be no other upgrades before this

i know it was a while ago but i thought we were still waiting for 2.0 to be releases on the hero

my fw version is currently 1.5 is this the latest version and the build number is 2.73.110.26 CL#69351

TIA

Bart

11. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

They are skipping 2.0 and going straight to 2.1.

12. _ivo_

_ivo_ Active Member

I can't wait for new upgrade!! :)

13. Haizum74

No point upgrading to anything else then upgrading to 2.1. And the hero as someone pointed out is missing the 2.0 upgrade (which some say was beta for 2.1 ;) ) and going to 2.1

14. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I would bet that there will be a rooted/tweaked/App2SD version of 2.1 available before the "official" update is released, based on a certain ROM chef's past history.... ;)

15. Haizum74

Just tried emailing HTC but 'The system is experiencing some problem, please try again latter' and yes it does say LATTER

16. pulsarman

pulsarman Well-Known Member

just tried e mailing htc too and got the same message, but if you select contact htc rather then selecting phone and support, then e mail goes through. I think the htc hero inbox is probably full lol!!!

17. Haizum74

lol, thats what I am on, contact

18. pulsarman

pulsarman Well-Known Member

I think every htc hero owner is now getting too excited, thinking we will have 2.1 tommorrow or something. I would love that but i bet we wont get it til about may or something.

19. Haizum74

Nah, I dont get excited about these things, just pleasantly surprised. :rolleyes: