2.1 power widgets

Last Updated:

1. cacaman

cacaman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im using the new fresh 2.1 ROM which is awesome. In 1.5 I used the settings widgets to turn on/off wifi, 3g etc. On 2.1 there is a power manager widget that basically has wifi, BT, GPS, screen brightness and sync all in one widget. I liked the other widgets better as I had the ability to turn off 3g with it. Is there any way to get thos widgets back in 2.1? Another thing I've noticed is that in 1.5 you could turn off the GPS and not affect the location services but in 2.1 I cant find a similar setup.... any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

search the market for onoff. they are a series of widgets from Curvefish that should get the job done. I used them on my Moment

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

those widgets are already in there. They're HTC widgets, just add them the same way you did before ("+">widget>settings).

I noticed the same thing about location services though, kind of annoying. I'd much rather have the network determine my location rather than use the GPS. Might be something we've got to ask Flipz about.

4. cacaman

Yep I really dont like to have the gps on all the time....

5. tatonka_Hero

just checked with google maps, and it looks like if you turn GPS off, it still detects your location with the network. Accurate to within 3600 meters, but it detects it :p

6. cacaman

Yeah I noticed this also. I just wonder why in 1.5 the location icon on the notification bar was normal and in 2.1 it has that line across if you dont have the gps on.

7. tatonka_Hero

just a bug probably