2.1 questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i put 2.1 on my moment and enjoying it so far only thing i miss from 1.5 is wifi tethering.is there a fix for it yet or has noone figured it out yet?

Advertisement
  2. drooooid

drooooid Well-Known Member

theres no patched kernel module to make wifi work

3. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

Used PdaNet, it works.... And so does WiFi...

4. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

I've got Azlink working for tethering

5. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

I can't find it in the market...

Is it better than PdaNet? Since th free version stops the ability of viewing security sites after a month or so... :confused:

6. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

7. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Another question: How do I get my phone to sleep in 2.1?

8. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

Technically Android phones don't sleep. When the screen turns off some of the services are disabled with it, but many 3rd party programs will still be able to run in the background.

What you need to do is figure out what program is running all the time. What symptoms are you having?

9. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

6 hr battery life

10. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Your having bad luck with this phone aren't you. If I remember right you had bad battery life with the phone when it first came out too right? Sorry Zumaki wish I could offer more than what is on here. i have decent life and the only thing I dont have is the JIT file set up yet. not sure I am gonna mess with it.

11. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Actually, when I first got the phone I didn't understand everyone else's complaints, because after some minor tinkering from info in the battery thread (which is HUGE now, eh?) I was getting like 40 hour battery life.

That stopped after about December, and has gone down to barely 12-16 hours, pre-2.1. I dislike how much maintenance and attention I have to give the phone (in any version of Android) to make it conserve battery power. It's pretty much my chief complaint against the OS.

12. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Same exact thing happened with me, but it happened in January. After running with one of Zeffies kernels for about a month it went from 40 hours to about 12-16. The only thing that's changed is the amount of apps on the phone but the amount of running apps at any given time hasn't changed.

13. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

That is really odd. I have a ton of apps but I dont run half of them but every so often. The few I run constantly are Mai,l Moxier Mail, USAA, a few games, Pandora, Music, and iHeartRadio. For me streaming almost all day at my desk and checking emails and other items I last all day. It goes to 5% right around 11pm when i am putting it on the charger for the night. I take it off the charger in the mornings around 645 so I guess it suits my usage ok. Thats about 13-14 hours. I would love it to last 40 but I know my phone is heavily used all day. Today is the first day with all the new stuff on it with root and live wallpapers so I will see what tomorrow brings.

14. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i'm running the 2.1 put root and live wallpapers and am getting great battery life roughly about 18 hrs on a charge.

15. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

I bet you it is one app or service that is running in the background and draining the battery. Try using Top (in the market) to see if anything is eating up your CPU.