2.1 reception bad?General

Last Updated:

1. baums

baums Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the update today. Not sure if this would make any sort of sense but my reception seems much worse? Its at 1 bar where before it would be at least 3 if not 4 all the time. I am at work so its not location. Anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

This is a known issue reported in 2.1 bugs and fixes sticky thread. What is your signal strength? Goto settings>about phone>network to see your strength...a good signal is anywhere from 70 to mid 80s

Bishop likes this.
  3. jlrosell

jlrosell Well-Known Member

This is a widespread issue, however it doesnt seem to affect your calls. If you are in a place where you usually have 4 bars, your calls will still sound like you have 4 bars.
    The only problem is you dont know when you really do not have service. So I am hoping they send a fix for this. But it shouldnt really be big deal usually. Shouldnt effect your calls.

4. jlrosell

As I look at my phone in that menu, the signal is continuously fluctuating even though I am stationary, at one point got down to 61, but usually is staying between 70-80. Got as high as 81
    It pretty consistently shows 3 bars which is normal here, but sometimes bounces down to 2 and then back up.

5. John58543

I believe the lower the number the better the signal...the higher the worse...

6. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

correct.

7. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Thanks.. Mine says -100 dBm. Is that a bad thing? I'm being serious.

8. jlrosell

at 69 right now I have 3 bars. went down to 64 still with 3 bars, up to 72 and 82 still with 3 bars, 85, 87, 83 all with 2 bars...
    Its just all over the place...
    To be honest in this part of my apartment I have noticed changing signal even on 1.5 all along.
    I never watched the actual numbers, but the bars do change.
    Maybe leaks and OTA have magnified this so others have noticed, but I have always had this, and my battery life was good, and never had a problem with reception during calls.
    So... I do find it annoying now that it has really been brought to my attention, but I believe I have been living with it since November and it hasnt mattered.

9. John58543

You just have a really weak signal I guess. Did you upgrade recently?

10. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Probably about two weeks or so ago, right when the V3 leak came out. But I'm inside an office right now though, maybe that's it?

11. baums

baums Member This Topic's Starter

mine says -84 now

12. John58543

Well that could be it...When I'm inside my house my signal is weaker than when I'm outside. Have you been in that office before with your phone before you upgraded? If so, was signal low?

13. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Yeah, same office before I upgraded. I honestly think the signal got better after the update. Cuz now if I leave my phone on my desk, I can get text messages.
    And now that I think of it, I was trying to explain to someone that I missed their call cuz how bad the signal was in my office. So I called my cell from my desk phone just to prove it, and what do ya know, the dang thing rang!! That was the day after I upgraded.