2.1 Ringer Issue?General

Last Updated:

1. waxings

waxings Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had a problem with the ringer in 2.1? No matter what I set the volume to, when it is in my pocket, it goes off FULL BLAST! Even if I set it to the lowest setting it is almost embarrassing loud when it goes off. :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

I've experienced this as well. It seems to be the Ringer setting that "Quiets Ring on pick up." For me, when I get a call and pick up the phone, 50% of the time, the ringer goes full blast.
    The same is probably happening to you since the phone is in your pocket, it's sensing movement and instead of quieting, the bug is making it louder.

Nothing we can do other than trying to disable that setting.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

ringer and dialer are totally whacked for me. i didnt notice at first, but now i am

ringer volume is ok after turning off the quiet when pick up option, but my ringer actually resets to default sometimes outta no where, very strange.

and the dialer is MISERABLY laggy, i mean, it makes me angry.

4. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

I have the opposite problem. It seems too low, regardless of what I do, not sure if it's resetting itself or what, but I'll periodically miss calls because I never heard it ring.

Incidentally, and unrelated, but got back from lunch today to find the "login to gmail" screen which only comes up on reboot, sure enough, it rebooted it self about 30 min earlier.

5. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

anyone still having this problem?

i am. ive tried all the workarounds and fixes ive seen posted around here but have had no luck. and ive noticed that about 50% of the time that its happening is when my sounds go dead :rolleyes: usually when the phone has been sitting in my pocket for a while.

6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Happens to me as well on v2 of 2.1. If it's on the table it does what it is supposed to do when it rings. When it is in my pocket it rings full blast and vibrates even with the vibrate setting to "off"

Maybe it is something with the proximity sensor while in pocket idk.

My dialer is faster though then it was with 1.5. No dialer lag here at all.

Another small bug I get with the new 2.1 v2 is notification sounds....half the time it only plays the last note or 2 rather than the entire notification ring tone.

7. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

im going to try turning the auto-rotate feature off in the menu settings. maybe that has something to do with it knowing its in a pocket :confused: