• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 ROM - Is it faster than the 1.5 Sense???

2.1 is definitely less laggy than 1.5 was. My only gripe is the how the browser handles bookmarks now. Real noticeable come paired to the way it handled them before. I really gave up on task managers after the first few weeks of owning my eris they usually caused most of my lag and battery issues. I am definitely more excited about what we will be getting soon with the official updated.

Upvote 0
so what exactly is the issue about the bookmarks that everyone's been talking about? can someone shed some light on that?

I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about. Mine work fine. The only thing that I noticed different about them is that, in the browser, when you hit bookmarks (now referred to as Navigate) you get a grid view with small icons, like the bookmark widget, by default. It can be changed by hitting menu and hitting thumbnails to get the old style with the full page view. You can also hit it again and get a list/text view. In the main "bookmarks" screen you can also see the most viewed sites and your history. Personally I like it a lot more this way.

Some people have mentioned lag with bookmarks, but I mostly use the widget and don't see any lag from it.

Upvote 0
Thanks to all for helping with not being able to connect to pc. Turned out I just needed to turn the phone off and on. lol. Should have done that right away.

And for anyone who is on the fence. Install this now!! It is much faster, almost unbelievably considering that people were saying the eris wouldn't be able to handle 2.1. Very minimal problems, some which are on 1.5 anyways.

I couldn't use handcent but am beginning to fall in love with chomp sms. I wish I could change the bubbles to a different view sometimes but other than that its awesome.

I'll report back on battery but so far seems to be not much different, if anything maybe lasting a little longer considering how much I've been playing around with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones