• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.1 Root Add-On'S :D

Hi guys. I just managed to install app2ds, but just dont know how to move them apps to sd and back to internal?? help me with this last bit

apps automatically get installed on sdcard...
for the later part about moving from sd to internal, just need to find the apk file in system->sd-> app and move things to system->app and than a reboot

Reactions: wyteliz
Upvote 0
Loved your SIG ;) Mein bhi wohi hu :p

well symbian is way better I must admit... we dont have to do all this app2sd thing with our nokia phones it clearly gives an option where to install things... I messed a lot with my N73's system files and I dont remember ever bricking it... sadly after the initial hype about android, I now know the truth...

android is surely over-rated...

Upvote 0
app2sd does not work for me :( im sure im rooted, the files extracted to root, commands are followed, but it shows sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh can't be opened when im not mounted, but opens when i mount sd. but when i continue while sd is mounted, it pops out not enought memory or something like dat. is there anyway to work this out? im on android 2.1, x8, rooted with superoneclick, and i partitioned my sd already to 1gb for app2sd using ext2, primary and 7bg for primary fat32 on a 8gb memory, what am i doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I just managed to install app2ds, but just dont know how to move them apps to sd and back to internal?? help me with this last bit

for the later part about moving from sd to internal, just need to find the apk file in system->sd-> app and move things to system->app and than a reboot

Is the reverse also true suhel?

Do you know whether moving them from system->app to system->sd-> app works in the same way?

If it does I kinda think that would be a whole lot quicker than uninstalling & reinstalling all the apps you've added (especially if one were to make a little script file for it)

There are a couple I've paid for and don't know whether I would have to buy them again if I went the uninstall-reinstall way

Upvote 0
Is the reverse also true suhel?

Do you know whether moving them from system->app to system->sd-> app works in the same way?

If it does I kinda think that would be a whole lot quicker than uninstalling & reinstalling all the apps you've added (especially if one were to make a little script file for it)

There are a couple I've paid for and don't know whether I would have to buy them again if I went the uninstall-reinstall way

yes tis the same only problem is you cannot move the system app to sd->app or else your phone will behave weird also some applications wont work while on sd they will give force close

Upvote 0
Hey something weird happnd..

I did partition, i have 2 gb card. A
After partition still in settings > phone/SD memory i see 1.98gb. ?? why ??
and wen typin in cmd. it started when i pressed enter "xxx.xxxno space left/xx/xxx " came and rebooting now.
now when phone got rebooted some widget show "problem loading widgets"

HELP :(

Upvote 0
I need help. I just rooted my phone. I want to install app2sd. So I partitioned my sd card and placed the attachment in the root of my sd. When I go on to the process, I do not know where to type the commands, so i did it in both my x8's terminal emulator and my windows 7's cmd. When i type it in cmd, it says that adb recognized as an internal or external command. And if i type it in terminal emulator, it says :ADB:permission denied. I read that you have to give adb super user perm. But how do you do that? Please help me thanks

Edit: I solved that part. but when i type sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh it says sh/sdcard/app2sd.sh not found

Edit 2: I solved that one as well, but now i get the same error as wyteliz:
sh: can't open /sdcard/app2sd.sh

Edit 3: Shhh. Now im getting the same error as Primark.
busybox is /system/bin/busybox
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.lim.android.automemman.a
pk@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@VerifyCertificatesDummyApp
Media.apk@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@Settings.apk@classes.dex':
Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@VpnServices.apk@classes.de
x': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@TimeScapeProvider.apk@clas
ses.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@datatrafficswitch.apk@clas
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SemcCheckin.apk@classes.de
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app-private@com.digitalchocolate
.androiddynamite.apk@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SemcContacts.apk@classes.d
ex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@MarketUpdater.apk@classes.
dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@WapiCustomization.apk@clas
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@facebook.apk@classes.dex':
Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@NetworkLocation.apk@classe
s.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@OmaDatasyncService.apk@cla
sses.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SemcMusic.apk@classes.dex'
: Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SoundRecorder.apk@classes.
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@YouTube.apk@classes.dex':
Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.com2us.sliceit.apk@class
es.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SemcEmailSmall.apk@classes
.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@GoogleSettingsProvider.apk
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SyncWizard.apk@classes.dex
': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@TalkProvider.apk@classes.d
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@GlobalSearch.apk@classes.d
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@Superuser.apk@classes.dex'
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@geotag.apk@classes.dex': I
nvalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SnsContactImageCacheProvid
er.apk@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@LocalContacts.apk@classes.
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@FmRxService.apk@classes.de
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@Bluetooth.apk@classes.dex'
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.shinycore.picsayfree.apk
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@CredentialManagerService.a
pk@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.alensw.PicFolder.apk@cla
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.shoozhoo.imageresizer.ap
k@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@OMAClientProvisioning.apk@
classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@Gmail.apk@classes.dex': In
valid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@HTMLViewer.apk@classes.dex
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@zok.android.shapes.apk@class
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@usersupport.apk@classes.de
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@uk.co.aifactory.chessfree.ap
k@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SemcVideo.apk@classes.dex'
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@Sync.apk@classes.dex': Inv
alid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex'
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@FastDormancy.apk@classes.d
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classe
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@c
lasses.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.ps.filemanager.apk@class
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes
.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@SoundPicker.apk@classes.de
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@GoogleApps.apk@classes.dex
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.ps.taskmanager.apk@class
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.test.runner.
jar@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_contentmanageri
f.jar@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.speedsoftware.rootexplor
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@Conversations.apk@classes.
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_emailif.jar@cla
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@qcrilhook.jar@classe
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@EnhancedGoogleSearchProvid
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@devicecontrol.jar@cl
asses.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/data@app@com.devuni.compass.apk@class
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@com.google.android.g
talkservice.jar@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_metadatacleanup
if.jar@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@GoogleSearch.apk@classes.d
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_mediascapeif.ja
r@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_mediascapeif_mc
e.jar@classes.dex': Invalid argument
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@app@MediaUploader.apk@classes.
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_mspluginlib.jar
cp: cannot create '/system/sd/dalvik-cache/system@framework@semc_tspluginlib.jar
rm failed for /etc/mount_sd.sh, No such file or directory

Im sure i did everything correctly. Partitioning, rooting and setting permissions. Can some1 help me solve this?

Upvote 0
Hi all,

After a few days of messing around and with a failed APP2SD installation in the process (WiFi was unusable, maybe it's my E15i model) I have all fully functional right now.

Proud owner of a Rooted + Xrecovery + Link2SD :) + JIT SE X8.

I would like to say thanks to all this amazing community, Kudos for you all!!!

Greetings from Argentina!

Reactions: iReaper
Upvote 0
Um.. Sorry, MAJOR NOOB here, I'm getting a quadrant CPU score of 3045... Am guessing this isn't ideal?? I've rooted, installed xrecovery, busybox and all I can at this current time and am running CM7 2.3.3 and my CPU info is ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l) ... (forgive me if you don't need this info, as I said.. NOOB) Most things are going fine for me other than my system showing CPU usage at almost 100% lots of the times and the one major game I play (parallel kingdom) runs slow. Have also tried downloading an overclocking app by BluSky which doesn't semm to want to work..... Could anyone help and advise me, please??
Thanks I know you busy peeps and I did try my hardest to read all threads before posting this (my first query)

Upvote 0
Hi!
I'm new to this whole rooting/hacking my phone thing xD.
I just wanted to know, how do I remove the partitions on my 2gb sd card to make it into one again? I was going to add app2sd but never got around to it... and now I have a new sd card that I'm going to use so I want to cancel the partition I made on my 2gb one.

A step by step answer would be really helpful :)

Upvote 0
Hi all,

After a few days of messing around and with a failed APP2SD installation in the process (WiFi was unusable, maybe it's my E15i model) I have all fully functional right now.

Proud owner of a Rooted + Xrecovery + Link2SD :) + JIT SE X8.

I would like to say thanks to all this amazing community, Kudos for you all!!!

Greetings from Argentina!

Hmm, my wi-fi just stopped working after i installed app2sd too, guess i'll have to recover and try link2sd instead of this too..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones