• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Root back to 2.1 Leak

Droid.eris

Jan 18, 2010
Yes if you don't like the 2.1 Root then you can download the leaked rom and use it

Follow these Easy Steps

1.Download 2.1 Rom (Leaked)

2.Transfer over to your Eris
-If your version of the root doesnt let you sync slowly plug it in and it
Will work. Or use the Micro sd adapter
3.Turn off the phone and then power it on and hold The Power and Send button.

4.Let it do the rest. when it says complete action click the trackball.

My advice is to wait out root unless you are a developer or work closely with them because there's not much that you CAN do right now except to take the wrong thing off the phone and make your phone unusable.

New ROM's and other programs will be ported for use on our phones soon enough.

Exactly why I'm sitting back with 1.5. Sure I would like to have access to some of the 2.1 features, but I figure I'm going to give the OTA and ROM cooks a little more time then make a choice. Have had my Eris since its release and have settled into using what's available with 1.5.

Upvote 0
Exactly why I'm sitting back with 1.5. Sure I would like to have access to some of the 2.1 features, but I figure I'm going to give the OTA and ROM cooks a little more time then make a choice. Have had my Eris since its release and have settled into using what's available with 1.5.

+1. I rely on my phone pretty heavily, and so it's good to have a forum full of people who dive in head first, test the new leaks and ROMs, and report back on the good and bad qualities of each. That way, I can make an informed decision about what I'm jumping into.

Also, thanks to the OP for finding out that this does work. I believe this is the first known "root recovery" procedure.

Upvote 0
I did roll back actually the reason being google maps nor navigation worked on that build and also the icons were not all correctly updated. I'm happy with the leaked 2.1 even if I occasionally have to resign in to google... Expoits will be found no build is bomb proof, I'm just going to be patient and once the official build is released it will get rooted eventually and I'll make the jump then.

Reactions: Matlock
Upvote 0
I did roll back actually the reason being google maps nor navigation worked on that build and also the icons were not all correctly updated. I'm happy with the leaked 2.1 even if I occasionally have to resign in to google... Expoits will be found no build is bomb proof, I'm just going to be patient and once the official build is released it will get rooted eventually and I'll make the jump then.

+1 Good call.. Same here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones