2.1 Root back to 2.1 LeakGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes if you don't like the 2.1 Root then you can download the leaked rom and use it

Follow these Easy Steps

1.Download 2.1 Rom (Leaked)

2.Transfer over to your Eris
    -If your version of the root doesnt let you sync slowly plug it in and it
    Will work. Or use the Micro sd adapter
    3.Turn off the phone and then power it on and hold The Power and Send button.

4.Let it do the rest. when it says complete action click the trackball.

Advertisement
  2. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

Why on earth would you do this?

3. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

Concur. WTH, would anyone do this?

Benefit of the doubt, if say someone WERE to want the LEAKED version over ROOT, why throw away all the control of your device? Meaning, cooked roms can provide a solution. This topic makes no sense. It's late and my brain hurts.

4. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member

Well, if someone has a rooted phone that's not working, or bugged to the point of unusability for them, would make sense to go to the leak.

Granted, very few situations in which leak is prefereable to root, but still kind of nice to know it works.

5. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

My advice is to wait out root unless you are a developer or work closely with them because there's not much that you CAN do right now except to take the wrong thing off the phone and make your phone unusable.

New ROM's and other programs will be ported for use on our phones soon enough.

6. gluis

gluis Active Member

Exactly why I'm sitting back with 1.5. Sure I would like to have access to some of the 2.1 features, but I figure I'm going to give the OTA and ROM cooks a little more time then make a choice. Have had my Eris since its release and have settled into using what's available with 1.5.

7. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

+1. I rely on my phone pretty heavily, and so it's good to have a forum full of people who dive in head first, test the new leaks and ROMs, and report back on the good and bad qualities of each. That way, I can make an informed decision about what I'm jumping into.

Also, thanks to the OP for finding out that this does work. I believe this is the first known "root recovery" procedure.

8. amd2132

amd2132 Member

I did roll back actually the reason being google maps nor navigation worked on that build and also the icons were not all correctly updated. I'm happy with the leaked 2.1 even if I occasionally have to resign in to google... Expoits will be found no build is bomb proof, I'm just going to be patient and once the official build is released it will get rooted eventually and I'll make the jump then.

Matlock likes this.
  9. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

+1 Good call.. Same here.