2.1 Seen with Flash Beta! Flash coming for droid sooner than we think??

Last Updated:

1. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. I_Get_Busy

I_Get_Busy Active Member

nice! looks good! the 1 ghz chip isnt much faster then the droid so we should have a great experience as well!

3. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

i hope we get it with the update!

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Freakin sweet.

Sounds like it's optimized for the Snapdragon though. Possible that we may have to wait longer or won't see the same performance.

5. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

2.1 and flash in the next update? Oh, pleaseeeeeeee.

6. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Flash for Android has been expected in the first have of 2010 for a while now...won't come in 2.1 or an OS update from what I've read, but will come as a download from Adobe.

Mixed bag...the last thing I want is to waste my phone's bandwidth on flash advertisements.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I don't think the iPhone crowd will be too too upset if we get Flash first. :D

9. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

No but they'll make every excuse in the world for why Apple shafted and continues to shaft them.

10. Droidophile

Droidophile Well-Known Member

Wow I hope not. Usually the O/S abstracts the hardware (Snapdragon) from the software. I hope we get good performance. I'm excited!

11. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

It was just the 10.1 mobile beta. It will come from Adobe, not Google. They might work with Google, but it's their responsibility to develop it.

12. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

that was a nice video!

13. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Is the droid processor going to be substantial enough to handle flash?

14. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

Yeah it will, they just make it sound like they super charge it for nexus one, i am guessing sites that require flash will be difficult or whatever.... i guess i mean to say if it has a 1000 ads on it. But flash vids will work fine i am guessing. I can watch Youtube in HD on the droid, can't get why flash wouldn't work on it!

15. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

would be nice if the phone asked permission to use Flash for different things. If this was the case we wouldn't have to worry about ads unless we clicked on them.

16. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Flash sites run kinda slow, dependent on the level of animation, on my Nokia n900, despite its graphics co-processing. Hulu.com "works", as a site, but watching the actual shows renders video @ ~ 1 fp "5 seconds"...audio plays real time however.

From what I understand, the version of Flash for the 900 is "not optimized" for its OS. We recently got a mobile version of Firefox, and it also runs Flash slowly, but adds a bit more compatibility on some Flash based sites. Unfortunately, browser itself runs slower than the native browser as well, but adds some features and functionality.

17. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

One of my cousins is an Apple fanatic to the worst degree. He makes 6 figures, but still likes to work as a Mac genius on the weekends... It is that bad...

The cooping technique with him on flash is the same as every other feature that Apple hasn't "invented" yet. "I hate flash... It is bloated and I don't want it on my phone." Which is also similar to "I hate tactile keyboards... I don't want one on my phone ever. My iPhone soft keyboard is much better than any tactile KM."

To him, if it is not something Apple provides as an option it is crap.

18. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

Ok here is a question concerning flash. When I get animated texts they don't move, but I can download apps like Groovy fish and it moves, My Bejeweled like app moves. Will the flash fix this or not I am so confused. This phone is not living up to the Hype in my opinion

19. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

What's an animated text and how are you "getting them"?

20. MSU

MSU Well-Known Member

21. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

The phone doesn't do animated GIF's, which I'm assuming is what you're getting in texts from people. Flash is entirely different and isn't going to change that. Apps are also completely different.

22. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

I can

23. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Color me unimpressed. Looks to me like it'll slow the browsing experience quite a bit. Hopefully optimizations are on the way, but as it stands now, it looks like garbage. Not only that, but now we get to experience flash ads on our phone? No thank you.

Hopefully there will be an option to selectively load the flash elements we want (like a flash-blocker plugin does) or wait for some sort of mobile browser extension to block 'em.

I know Flash will have its uses for watching video and things like that, but for normal browsing? Looks awful.

24. DroidJnkie

DroidJnkie Well-Known Member

Wouldn't we be able to download it, store it on the SD card, and then install it using an app installer?

That way we can install when we are visiting Hulu.com or something like that, and then uninstall when not in use?

I know, it'd be a hassle, but it's better than laggy browsing, IMHO.

I want me some Hulu!

25. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Yeah right, it totally looks laggy. Choppy even with the screen scrolling. But then again, it could be that the GPU on the Snapdragon platform ain't up to snuff. I hope they're using other platforms besides the N1, like the iPhone or DROID running the SGX GPU, or even the N900 with the Tegra.