2.1 To 2.2 Leaked Or OTA No Bootloader Flash

Last Updated:

1. amoeller

amoeller Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a rooted Droid X running official 2.1. I want 2.2 but I want to keep my original bootloader. Is there an update.zip that can take me to the OTA or the leaked OTA without messing with my booloader or recovery? I would also not like to wipe my data ether.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

Use Rom Manager, then update with 2.2 Stock Image. Super easy as long as your required bloatware is still intact.

3. amoeller

Thanks for the response. Also just to clarify, I have bootloader version 29.01. The stock image in ROM Manager from what I see requires me to update my bootloader.

4. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

I don't believe that is the OTA. With the bootloader, the only one you should avoid is 30.03, 30.01 is fine to upgrade to since the keys/signatures still match with the previous ones. As of now I don't think there are any ways to keep your current bootloader and upgrade.

5. amoeller

I was reading around about this and I came across the system 2.2 only SBF. Now it says all it dose is write to the system and nothing else. Can I use this SBF to flash to 2.2 from 2.1 without data wipe and not touch my bootloader at v29.01? Link at TBH announces Froyo System SBF and RSDLite 4.8

6. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

No that won't work.. Easiest way is the through Rom manager..