• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Unlock screen

mrhomiec

Android Enthusiast
May 16, 2010
Arizona
I just received my Eris 2.1 update today.

I was hoping to get the new unlock screen. I don't like how the
slide down to unlock takes up a good chunk of screen. Wasn't this
supposed to change with the update to the new one where you
have the circular slide?

I tried doing a search on this but all i kept finding were apps to
download to replace this.

That is the stock HTC Sense UI lockscreen. I won't change from 1.5--->2.1. I'm not sure you if you have to have root or not for this, but if you go the android.grdlock.net and look in the extras folder. There is a lockscreen_del.zip file to download that will delete the sense lockscreen and replace it with stock android.

Upvote 0
That is the stock HTC Sense UI lockscreen. I won't change from 1.5--->2.1. I'm not sure you if you have to have root or not for this, but if you go the android.grdlock.net and look in the extras folder. There is a lockscreen_del.zip file to download that will delete the sense lockscreen and replace it with stock android.

I think it requires root, But I would LOVE this, the stock vanilla unlock is soooo much better IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones