1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

2.1 update confirmed by Samsung Poland!General

1. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy otrzyma aktualizacj? do Androida 2.1

And it looks pretty sure now. Brief translation:
    "Update for 2.1 version will be available in 1st half of Q2. Update will be available by new application "Kies". Samsung Kies is an app which allows user to connect his PC with phone."
    [​IMG]
    Looks pretty sure for me, as there were rumours Samsung is preparing some new sync app for Androidophones as NPS never really worked for them.

edit: seems that this Kies thing isn't that new - it's kind of appstore for WinMo Samsung phones.
    edit2: They updated the news and wrote they meant Spica. :/

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

interesting
  3. imad

imad Active Member

this is definitely a great news, we are getting 2.1 instead of 2.0 and it looks official from samsung, but the bad thing is the 1st half of Q2....
  4. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

As much as I want to believe it, I want to see some sort of vid with a Galaxy running a fully functional 2.1. Sorry, it's just that we're dealing with Samsung, and it's hard to believe that we're actually getting proper updates (look at NPS if you're skeptical of what I'm saying)
  5. danimar

danimar Active Member

maybe it's just because of NPS that we'll be getting the update, they owed us a big one :D

I'm skeptical too, but let's hope it's true

PS: can't care less about that Kies thing, just give me the damn update earlier!
  6. UKLooney

UKLooney Well-Known Member

Might be a good time to pick up a cheap galaxy on ebay ;)
  7. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to all those people on this forum who were looking to sell their Galaxy's on the cheap? :p
  8. reload

reload Well-Known Member

mbbrbrb 1st half of q2 :/ Better than never anyway (if its true)
  9. shmuel

shmuel Member

This is great news! I saw a cheap Galaxy on eBay and figured I'd pick one up. As much as I love the Nexus One I don't really need it! I suppose it makes sense though. The Hero hasn't been updated yet either.

It looks like the Kies program is already out for some Samsung phones:
    Support - Software & Manuals - Kies - Samsung Mobile

Here's hoping!
  10. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

that's just a couple of months...

heavily seconded, i'm just gonna odin it anyway - i kinda doubt the kies would update my no-csc phone if i tried, and i have no interest in any "syncing" it could do - i just wanna throw some mp3s on the phone every once in a while - google/android does all the syncing i want
  11. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Finally! Very excited - but also somewhat suspicious given crushed hopes in the past...
  12. Bomberman

'Unfortunately the new update will be available only for Galaxy i5700. The reason for this misunderstanding was the fact that the i7500 and i5700 in Poland get the same name-
  13. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

oh for ****'s sake
  14. Bomberman

To the point mrqs, to the point.
  15. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

Personally I'm still waiting for drakaz/musty release. 2.0/2.1 with drakaz tweaks sounds more promising than stock 2.0/2.1
  16. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

indeed but surely a 2.1 build on a proper ril without wrapper then tweeked by drakaz and musty for perfection would be better
    not saying their work would be bad, just saying that it would make their life easier
  17. cayman

cayman Member

This is just...stupid. Can't figure it out what is going on in heads of those, so called "developers of Samsung".
    I was browsing some forums (you know which ;-) ) and saw that Xperia x1 got software from x2 and also dual boot mode with Android 2.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And our galaxy is supposed to be official android phone...
    Any way, I am trading my Nokia E75 for X1. Gonna tell you what 2.1 looks like!!! ;-)))))
  18. Naruvam

Naruvam Well-Known Member

Damn samsung
  19. Bomberman

Exactly. Plus a) I'd like the choice, and b) it would be nice to think that Samsung were actually going to look after us for a change. Bit much to hope for I suppose.
  20. Bomberman

21. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

developers don't get to make decisions like that, they just code what they are told to code
  22. pikacz

pikacz Well-Known Member

this is effin unbelievable. freakin samsung should make this case clear. either:
    1. there will be an upgrade, please wait
    2. there won't be an upgrade, sorry
    why they're not saying anything, why?
  23. Bomberman

Because when they say 'no upgrade', no more sales :(
  24. pikacz

pikacz Well-Known Member

maybe, but those who're planning to buy galaxy now are probably abandoning the idea anyway, after they've read what's going on now