• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update For Behold 2...

I just bought my Behold 2 on Saturday. The T-mobile rep told me that the 2.1 Update would be available this week...I hope he is right...I can't wait!

I can't Say any name, But the BH2 will not see the 1.6 Update.

My Source at Samsung has Confirmed that 2.1 will be coming to the BH2, but wont be for a few Months till we get it.. Likely at least 3 months I was told at Minimal.

Now, Don't Quote Me on this, I might have Mis-understood the Convo

Upvote 0

My Source at Samsung has Confirmed that 2.1 will be coming to the BH2, but wont be for a few Months till we get it.. Likely at least 3 months I was told at Minimal.

I quoted you.... :D

And while that kinda sucks that it will take so long to get the update, it's nice to at least have hope. :) And a good ported rom ;)

Upvote 0
Oh they are just lying through their teeth now d*mn t-mobile reps.

Try not to rip on the tmo reps, they are just people trying to sell phones to make a living. They have to keep track of about 30 different phones, and may be a fan of bb or iphones, so may not fully understand Android. Most of the time they have no idea of upcoming models (bet you go into a store and ask about the upcoming Nokia, and they have no clue). Once TMO communicates with these reps, we usually get screenshots within hours. So there is very rarely an hidden or inside information. Stick with information from some of the more reputable sites (Phandroid, BGR, tmonews) and probably the best place is Open Source - Samsung Mobile where our upcoming update was posted about a month ago.

Upvote 0
Try not to rip on the tmo reps, they are just people trying to sell phones to make a living. They have to keep track of about 30 different phones, and may be a fan of bb or iphones, so may not fully understand Android. Most of the time they have no idea of upcoming models (bet you go into a store and ask about the upcoming Nokia, and they have no clue). Once TMO communicates with these reps, we usually get screenshots within hours. So there is very rarely an hidden or inside information. Stick with information from some of the more reputable sites (Phandroid, BGR, tmonews) and probably the best place is Open Source - Samsung Mobile where our upcoming update was posted about a month ago.

Your probably right but usually they do at least the one I go to do they have good knowledge on when phones come out and giving me ways of getting them if I have a budget even if its not sold by t-mobile i.e. 3rd party. For a good example about a year ago this time around when the motozine was considered one of the best camera phones I had bought it from some guy that had won it in a contest when it first came out $150 you know who showed me to that guy? a tmobile rep. The phone with t-mobile originally would have cost I think 250 on 2 year contract about 300-400 without I got it half price new in box. Thanks to t-mobile. But yeah I will stick with more reputable sites though.

Upvote 0

Wow, BH_MAN - Info AND skillz. You are the man!!! (translation: thank you!):p

So, if we add this to our list of probables, we have the Galaxy2 said to drop in March. The Bravo (or whatever it will be called by then) in April with Tmo. And your timetable gives us SB2 owners a likely window of late May to early June to get the 2.1 update. Exciting news! (but the wait...sheesh - they may be asking too much of me in light of the other excitement all around, LOL).

I am just glad that we will be "in the game" on the 2.x tip. I am not mad at them for bypassing 1.6 - Not at all. I am most pleased!

The question now is, how capable is my wait factor? Shall I root and roll back in May or shall I wait? See the agony you have created with your jazzy ROM, BH_MAN? (j/k)

[Voyager doin' the happy dance!!!] and thinkin' :p

Upvote 0
The question now is, how capable is my wait factor? Shall I root and roll back in May or shall I wait? See the agony you have created with your jazzy ROM, BH_MAN? (j/k)

[Voyager doin' the happy dance!!!] and thinkin' :p

lol.. now that ive got adb setup and running correctly.. along with odin.. i have flashed back and forth between stock and galaxy a few times.. and last night flashed over to the hybrid.. only takes a matter of 10 or 15 mins at the most to odin and flash galaxy or hybrid now.. the app setup is what takes the most time lol

Upvote 0
I heard only the cliqs were bricking and the few who got the behold update were working fine worth all the new improvements

You know what? They are FULL of it!!! This whole thing has been an exercise in BS. A rather jacked-up stall tactic to get their weak campaign some juice. "Get ready for a Behold 2 Update!!!" (New Ad Campaign) (Thud) (Update release date expires) Sorry, No update!!!

None of the 3 (count 'em) THREE people here who said they received the update reported a bricked phone!

And yes I am complaining. You bet your sweet bippy I am complaining. To those of you who Samsung *gave* a phone, you *have* to kiss up. Mine was purchased. I can tell the truth about my experience. The whole Samsung Behold 2/ with 1.5 is a FAIL. SO: No more dangling the promise of an update here. No more lies about 2.1 - Just fix the OS so that we can enjoy our lovely phones!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones