2.1 update from Sprint (latest news)General

Last Updated:

1. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Over at Sprint's Buzz About Wireless forums, "tooner" who is a Sprint employee wrote this regarding the upcoming 2.1 update:

A while back we announced our plans to update our Android devices to 2.1 in the first half of 2010. I just wanted to follow up with a quick status. The 2.1 update is currently being tested and things are going very well so far. We

Advertisement
  2. danooooo

danooooo Member

pdx77, did you end up rooting yours with CL14?

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

And when ready, you'll be able to have your phone updated only at repair centers in Kenosha Wisconsin and Duluth Minnesota.

4. edp

edp Well-Known Member

lol!

5. BirdieMN

BirdieMN Active Member

Hey, don't get mad just because us folks in the Midwest are able to get things figured out. :p There are many advantages to living in "flyover country".

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I just had my phone updated (of course after 6 visits, including this one) at Tally. It's not really a good deal, seeing as the OTA is supposed to be going out in 1 week. None the less, I'm enjoying it. Mainly the lag less typing is what I'm enjoying. I'm still getting that 'Oh sh*t, here we go...' feeling when I start to type out a text message or e-mail, but it's quickly fading as I use it more. It's kind of fun to try and see how fast I can go to try to lag out my phone. BTW, the one display Moment in our repair center was updated as well. I tried a speed test on that as well as the hero, I can lock up the Hero, but not yet the Moment. I feel this is how it should have been from the start, with the supposed 'better' hardware.

7. NegusDropout

NegusDropout Member

This has made me very excited! I cannot wait until 2.1 get released or even a leak for that matter. Especially for the native cdma built into the coding. This year just gets better and better.

8. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

They've been saying that for 2 weeks now. Ill believe it when its here. But I do hope that they take what they'e learned from this update process and improve upon how they plan to delier 2.1.

9. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I'm running the custom CL14, was running it before the official version comes out. As you know, being in an ex iPCS area the stores here are sub-par and I don't expect any of the ones here to have the update for quite some time, I suppose I could make a trip out to Des Moines, but driving 2 hours isn't worth it to get an update.

10. gittinends

gittinends New Member

pdx, I work for Intermec in Cedar Rapids and just got my Moment about a month ago.. I'm originally from Des Moines, so I may just go back there and have it updated. How do you like the root? ;)

11. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I just hope 2.1 fixes that damn airplane bug.

12. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Now now, I believe Rochester, MN does it as well, it's a repair center anyway. Waiting on a call about that right now lol.

13. elfranzen

elfranzen Member

I live in the Quad cities and they updated both my phones to CL14 in about 20 mins total. couldn't be happier :)

14. Schwamy

Schwamy Well-Known Member

Mankato, MN got it done in like 30 min.

15. tatonka_Hero

no kidding? I might have to leave early for school on Monday then, since that's where school is lol

16. Schwamy

Schwamy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I think the main sales guy dropped my phone when it was there. :/

17. tatonka_Hero

haha, ouch.