• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update is here

Some apps that i previously paid for and was using have vanished from the market. Will they eventually re-appear or will i need to re-install the official UK update when it becomes available (if that's even possible now?)

You have to either wait for the official UK release or use a ROM that has this corrected.

You can find one here: HOW-TO: Get 2.1 on your Milestone! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Changes

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=Moto_RTEU/umts_sholes/umts_sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/SHOLS_U2_02.31.0/1267742362:user/rkeys

Needs to be changed to:

ro.build.fingerprint=MOTO_RTGB/umts_sholes/umts_sholes/sholes:2.0.1/SHOLS_U2_01.14.0/1264555607:user/rel-keys

Upvote 0
Yup the Milestone is a nice phone but i think its under powered for its spec, 550mhz v 1 gig snap dragon on the desire is in a different league people with the droid(same as milestone) are overclocking to 1.3gig and it still doesn't out perform the snapdragon.

Also 576 meg ram in the Desire compared to less than half in the Milestone no brainer and with sense ui makes for a great phone and just disabling sense in applications turns it into a standard 2.1 exactly like the nexus 1 so you get the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0
Yup the Milestone is a nice phone but i think its under powered for its spec, 550mhz v 1 gig snap dragon on the desire is in a different league people with the droid(same as milestone) are overclocking to 1.3gig and it still doesn't out perform the snapdragon.

Also 576 meg ram in the Desire compared to less than half in the Milestone no brainer and with sense ui makes for a great phone and just disabling sense in applications turns it into a standard 2.1 exactly like the nexus 1 so you get the best of both worlds.

The omap 3 wasn't very less powerful then the snapdragon in tests. In graphics the omap actually beat the snapdragon. It is defiantly no slouch

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones