2.1 update made my droid crazy

Last Updated:

1. Agent229

Agent229 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ever sense the 2.1 update (forced i updated following the thread on this site) my droid has been really laggy, just the all around functionality of the phone and net browsing, even with all animations turned off and when making calls sometimes when the person on the receiving end picks up my droid automatically hangs up on them. Then sometimes when i dial after i hit send it freaks out and goes back to the home screen. i dont know if this is all from the update or not but verizon wants to send me a new droid and my question is i have a few paid apps and a ton of other free apps and tons of contacts. im wondering how can i back these up and just have them transfered to my new droid thats being sent. Im some what of a noob to backing up things and need help. Thanks in advanced guys !!

Advertisement
  2. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I'm not positive about the apps, but the contacts are on your sd card. When they swapped out mine I just kept my old SD card and sent the old phone with the new SD card back. I have seen apps on the market that say they back up your stuff, but I havn't tried them myself.

Agent229 likes this.
  3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Your contacts are stored on Google's servers, as is your Gmail, calendar, Listen subscriptions, etc. So those will automatically sync back when you get your new Droid.

As for you apps, they are also linked to your account, so when you sign in on your new Droid, they will redownload themselves.

What you will lose is your app data, such as high scores, etc. Also, you will lose the text messages you had stored on your phone.

Agent229 likes this.
  4. Agent229

Agent229 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks y'all. I see the contacts on my gmail account when I check it on my mac but I don't see any information on apps. Fab is the app info just hidden ?

5. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

The apps are there. I had to wipe and redo my droid and just make sure when you turn on the droid you enable syncing and give it 2-5 minutes and it will all come back to the phone!

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I think I would download astro file manager and use its app manager to save my apps, I have noticed that your Google account is great to get your apaid apps back, but not so much free apps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. mikeb

mikeb Member

I was having similar issues with mine as well after the update the phone seemed to get sluggish much more often than before. Got impatient and rooted. Now I run ultimate droid 10 and my phone works just as fast as it did on 2.0.1. Certain live screens are more cpu hungry than others as well. Will I go back to a stock rom... Nope. :D