2.1 update - no longer able to lock screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. DJHero

DJHero Member This Topic's Starter

Last week I received the 2.1 update on the HTC Hero. I love it, BUT, i can no longer force lock my screen.

Previously I could press the 'power/end call' button once to lock my phone. I can't do this any more. Is anyone else experiencing this?

My only option currently, is to let my screen time out (set to 15 secs) and then my phone locks itself, but I cannot force this manually. It's rather frustrating - a lot goes on in my pockets in 15 seconds! Anything could happen if my screen isn't locked! [​IMG] Please help [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. DJHero

From the lack of responses to this I'm guessing this isn't a common issue for lots of people (if any??)

If you ARE able to lock your screen as you could previously, please let me know - then I'll know I've got a proper issue. Thanks

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I haven't heard anything about this so far, so I wouldn't say it's a common problem.

You might want to get the 'Spare Parts' app from the market, which has the option to set the end button behaviour. (Although it might require root, I'm not sure).

4. ridler36

ridler36 Member

I completed my update to 2.1 this weekend and have also encountered the same problem - Spare Parts only allows you to modify the behaviour of the end button in 1.5 only. Any suggestions greatly welcomed thanks.

5. Xyro

I think it says that because it's (meant to be) unnecessary to set the behaviour of the button in 2.1.

So it made no difference?

6. ridler36

ridler36 Member

Hadn't tried it before as it mentioned the 1.5, however, selecting "Go to sleep" does make it do just that! Thanks!

7. Xyro

Good to know :)

ridler36 likes this.
  8. DJHero

I did a factory reset (after backing up Apps to SD card using Astro, and backing up texts using SMS Backup & Restore) and now my lock button works again. Thanks for the replies.