• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 update - official keep cool thread

Guys not to wet the fire or anything but can we keep this thread X10 specific and not include banter as I have had this email from a mod on here after we got told off for general natter on a thread in the X10 section...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerkiter
My reply to your post is not designed as an attack and as a mod on another forum I understand that rules are rules but I do mean what I said.

So did I. We've got a community here, a big one. That's why the owner and admins went to the trouble of creating forums for discussions that aren't specific to particular devices. The device-specific forums are not intended as general "hang-out and shoot the breeze" areas.

Btw, mods are constantly monitoring ALL the forums. That's what the admins require us to do, in order to keep some semblance of order amongst the hundreds of daily posts.

Just dont want anyone to get an infraction point for talking about other things than the X10 :D

Sorry, dude. I've had too much root beer. It doesn't get me drunk, but hey, I've got administrator rights! Haaa, I'm so funny...

Time gentlemen please!

Upvote 0
It got over policed when you was away and to be fair I think some of the mods are mini hitlers and have gone giddy from power :p

I said I would happily have my account deleted if we are not allowed to have banter on the threads as we have a great community going on in the X10 section.

Im still unsure whether to upgrade the phone when it's fixed? I have got everything the way I want it not the way SE wants it :D

Upvote 0
Oh dear so you were all naughty then!? I personally think that a bit of banter is good for the soul as long as a thread isn't veering to far off topic but then I might get the boot for saying that. I think it would be rude to sort of 'chat' over someone who has come on to ask a question but if the problem is solved or its a general chatty thread imho I can't see what the issue is. (Green never suited me much anyway, I'll be back to blue before you know it)

I am going to let the rest of Europe, well specifically Scandinavia be the guinea pigs then decide whether to update or not. Also let the guys over at XDA sort out rooting 2.1 too. Then there will be a few more options.

Another V&T barman? Getting mighty thirsty with all this chat.

Upvote 0
Not quite, we just got about 10-15 posts deleted because it was in reference to Back to the Future - in an X10 thread

lol cardio trainer works too on the X10

got a GPS map of my night out on Google Maps lol

sooooo many useful ways to use the

SONY ERICSSON X10 (running 1.6 lol)

CAN I HAVE ANOTHER DRINK ?

Sure, IT'S A LOCK IN!!!

(Ooo, X10 related...) Let's all get the darts app out! *Homer voice* Woo-Hoo!

Upvote 0
Well if you have to turn the lights down low so the nods can't see us we can all use our Experia Flashlight app or maybe we could use a Colour Flash app and have a bit of a disco feel to it.

Edit nods is colloquial for the police not a miss-spelling of mods. You gotta love the chavs!

I'm loving your loyalty to your fellow X10 users :) You're risking loosing your "green badge"...if that's not commitment, then I don't know what is :)

Raise your glasses to rosered :D

Upvote 0
Yeah I am a rebel without a clue! But I am sure I could find my clue if I only used the Google search app on my X10.

Sorry all this vodka has gone to my head... I'm starting to look like those sad morsels that stagger out of the night club at 4am with mascara running, laddered tights/stockings and one shoe on and one shoe off (or even lost). Dear lord I haven't been in this state for years!

Upvote 0
Yeah I am a rebel without a clue! But I am sure I could find my clue if I only used the Google search app on my X10.

Sorry all this vodka has gone to my head... I'm starting to look like those sad morsels that stagger out of the night club at 4am with mascara running, laddered tights/stockings and one shoe on and one shoe off (or even lost). Dear lord I haven't been in this state for years!

...and hair in knots, with puke dribbling down your chin :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, I don't think anyone is interested in turning this place into a social networking site! I think the odd bit of banter in these kind of forums can help people to take a breath and maybe formulate better/more appropriate posts in the serious threads.

Maybe the moderators should use a bit of moderation in these cases. As the saying goes... 'You attract more bees with honey than vinegar...'

Upvote 0
Taken with my X10 using Night option...

images

Upvote 0
SE 2.1 helpline employee?

Oh don't even joke about it.... I am really looking forward to the next few weeks, not so much here but on the other forum I moderate on.

Question is though, who did you give the camera to in order for them to get a shot of you like that

Nice boots btw ;)

Some geordie bloke who just came out of the Pacific Bar in some town up north! Glad you like my kinky boots btw!

images

For Rosered!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones