2.1 update on HTC's website confusion

Last Updated:

1. gutlessyogi

gutlessyogi Member This Topic's Starter

does this mean we (in the UK) cannot use the update on the htc site to update our hero?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

No, we can't. The Sprint Heroes are actually slightly different phones and so run different firmware. (Hence the need to redirect Sprint users away from the European Hero section).

3. gutlessyogi

I',m confused now. The htc site has a download for orange users of the hero. I have used this and installed it and it seems fine.

4. gutlessyogi

It would be ironic to have messed it up after the trouble I went to ;-)
    I had to put Parallels on my MBP to install Windows XP in order to download the upgrade. All because HTC do not support Mac!!

5. gutlessyogi

;-( just checked ; the installation process lied! The update seems not to have worked despite indicating that it did. I still have 1.5 on my phone.
    Anyone got any thoughts why it would allow this to run through installation but not actually install anything?

6. Xyro

gutlessyogi, the 2.1 update is not available for your phone; it isn't available for any UK Heroes. Trust me on that. All you've done is reinstall the same firmware you've already got.

I moved your posts out of the Sprint forum to make it less confusing for everyone involved.

7. gutlessyogi

Appreciate your efforts Xyro. Must say i am losing faith in htc/orange. I think i will go back to the peace and quiet of the iphone. Proprietary though it maybe!!

8. Xyro

Give it a little longer at least, the update should be here soon. HTC have already released one version to phones in Taiwa, which are identical to ours (In fact many people here are already running it on their phones).

EDIT: Anybody joining this thread now, if you're wondering why the logical flow of the thread is messed up, the first 5 posts were moved from a separate thread :)