Support 2.1 update on Moment lost all my Contacts HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dnj, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Dnj

Dnj Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I just updated my Moment at the Sprint store to 2.1...is there any way to retrieve my old phone contacts from 1.5 or do I have to re write all of them again Arggggg! PLEASE HELP

Thank you any advuice appreciated

d.

Advertisement
  2. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    College...
    Corpus Christi, TX
    You need to retrieve them from your google account. No worries, all is not lost.

3. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Can you not access/sync your contacts via your gmail account? That's what I did when I updated to 2.1. Took only about 30 seconds to have all my contacts back in my phone.

Dnj likes this.
  4. Dnj

Dnj Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    All is well now with a little help from my friends !!

5. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Why didn't they do this at the Sprint store when it was upgraded?

6. Dnj

Dnj Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    They said they dont like to go in and view customers priv information.

7. dibba

dibba Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Medisoft Support
    NC
    I think it's cool you can get the 2.1 upgrade from the Sprint store, I didn't realize that. I was able to do it myself from the instructions, but I wouldn't say it's "user friendly" for the average person.

8. Dnj

Dnj Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010

dibba honestly I held out big time not to go thru the update on my Moment when I heard everything gets wiped out on the phone.......I installed the "on the fly backup' App which put all apps on the SD cards...then when I updated to 2.1..... I just installed the app and selected to install all apps on SD card again and one by one I was done in no time without searching all over again on the market.....the 2.1 has a few kool new things the camera & video is much better now and much easier to operate together//////the sprint store update experience was fast and easy also about a 30 min wait and I got a chance to try some of the newer phones like the EVO there also.....

9. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    pittsburgh

wow when i go to my sprint store they ask for your pin and everything so they can do what they need to then restore everything.

10. rogund

rogund New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Umm I just updated my Samsung Moment to the 2.1 and lost all my contacts yesterday. I tried to pull info from my SD card, sync with google, and all failed. I have about 44 of the 210 contacts that I once had. I tried to delete the google account, but I don't want to lose all the information that I just put in and all the applications. Is there anything else, or am I just screwed?
    p.s. I also checked google and only 45 contacts show with numbers. I know for a fact that I synced it when it asked me.

But here's another question, when I took the phone into the Sprint store, I am not sure that they removed the SD card when they updated, they would have known to do this right?

Please help!!!

11. redquestron

redquestron Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Retail
    Euclid, Oh
    If you've updated to 2.1 make sure to log into the google account you created with your old version. Then. it might be a good idea to throw the power control widget onto one of your homescreens and enable "sync" if it isn't already. That can solve a lot of your problems with not getting contacts. I've re-flashed about 6 times in the past 72 hours (experimenting with a rom, flashing back to completely blank 2.1 then flashing to a new rom.. settled on noobnl's 1.8.6 as my most stable choice) and every time I re-input my gmail username and password into the phone, PRESTO my contacts are there, (although sometimes, i had to RE-enable the Sync to get it going). Just a thought.