2.1 update problem?

Last Updated:

1. WyKKed

WyKKed New Member This Topic's Starter

Does the update have to be done through the computer? I can't seem to get it to work through my phone, as it just comes back with the message that there's no update available even though I'm running the 1.5 version.

I've been lazy and procrastinated doing the update, but my phone has just been crazy slow at times lately, so I'd like to give the new version a shot.

Will a Sprint store do the update for me? Totally in the dark here as to what needs to be done, and I feel like a moron.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You've been reading the GSM section but you have a Sprint (CDMA) phone.

Nothing you've read abort the update in the GSM section applies to your phone.

3. WyKKed

WyKKed New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure I follow. I went to sprint.com, went under support for the HTC Hero, and clicked on "Find and Update the Software Version on your HTC Hero".

Instructions say to go to settings, about phone, system updates, HTC software update. However, mine only has the option of settings, about phone, system updates, and the options firmware update/update profile/update PRL.

I tried update firmware, and it finds nothing. There's no mention or area to touch regarding software.

In any case, what do I need to do? Wife threw out my phone box with my cd's and owners manual, do I need to go to a Sprint store to do this?

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Go to Sprint.com and find the link for "update your phone", or something really close to that. The instructions are there. You will download the file to your computer, then connect the phone to the compter with the cable they provided when you bought, it, and update the spftware. Or, a Sprint store can do it for you.

5. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

Sprint told me to bring mine in and they would install it. I haven't done it because my 1.5 runs just fine and I've had it for seven months. I've read to many problems on here with the Hero when changing to 2.1. As Kelmar put it, You never know what can of worms you're opening. I would just rather wait and get a new phone later built for the appropriae program. In some areas 2.1 is a step down for the Hero. Just read the the threads on here. But if you want it I would take it to the Sprint store. TC

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Sprint.com/downloads or take it to Sprint.

Make sure you read the "problem with 2.1" thread first though. If you go this route there is NO GOING BACK!

ALSO, YOU'LL LOSE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE.