2.1 Update - Web Connection on Start-Up

Last Updated:

1. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I updated to the Official Sprint 2.1 update when it became available and prior to that I was running the leaked RUU. No issues with either and a general improvement in Hero performance with both, except for one quirk occurring only with the Official ROM.

About 33% of the time, when initially powering up the phone in the AM, I would not get an automatic web connection. The phone function would operate, I would get the signal strength bars and Ev symbol, but no web. When this happened, I would turn off the phone and then immediately turn it back on and it would always auto connect to the web the second time and everything would work fine. One of these times I also removed the battery before I turned it back on, but the problem would still occur occasionally.

I called Sprint Tech Support and asked about the issue. The Technician looked at my account and made an update to it on his end, then asked me to go into Settings/About Phone/System Updates and do an "Update Profile". He said it should alleviate the non-connection problem.

So far the phone has worked perfectly after doing this.

Posting this in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Advertisement
    sprucebeach likes this.
  2. sprucebeach

sprucebeach Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've been having the same issue occasionally. I look at the phone long after a restart and notice that Weatherbug is still trying to connect. I've updated my profile and I'll watch to see if it happens anymore.

3. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Weatherbug app was how I first noticed the problem too :D

4. kjordan

kjordan New Member

Still having this issue. Updated profile and rooted official 2.1

5. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

I've experienced the same issue. Rooted and running Fresh 2.1.2 and have not had the issue.

6. bronchial

bronchial Guest

I occasionally run into that problem as well. A quick fix is to simply click the "mobile network" widget to disable the web connection then click it back on.

7. nboley2

nboley2 Member

I too was having this issue. Took it to the Sprint store and the technician said just update the profile any time it goes out. He said he has a Hero and his internet cuts out all the time...

8. A_Guy

A_Guy Active Member

A faster and easier way to fix this is to hold down the power button until the menu comes up and then turn mobile network off, and back on again. I have this issue regularly and that clears it up (until the next time it does it). Running Aloysius 2.1 (Although it also happened with Fresh Toast)