2.1-update1 or newer??Support

Last Updated:

1. beflythis

beflythis Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently flashed to the 2.1-update1 that was posted on the site just days before the OTA 2.1 came out... as far as I can tell, everything works fine... the new camera is fantastic, and I just searched and manually installed the new music player, etc.

How much more updated is the OTA 2.1 than the "update1" version? Is it worth me flashing back to 2.01 and then flashing again? I don't mind doing it, just curious if it will fix the annoying as hell scrolling bug i have in update1 without nerfing speed or other cool features.

Thnx.

Advertisement
  2. beflythis

*bump* 60 views, no replies!? where you at, gurus??

Question in short: I flashed '2.1-update1' before the "official" 2.1 updates rolled out... is the version I have essentially the same?

3. mclelands

mclelands Member

I'm almost positive they're the same.

4. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member

I know the OTA that most people were receving was 2.1-update1

5. chromodoris

chromodoris New Member

I got my update last night - tried as I might, I haven't been able to find any info on what exactly this update does... can anyone help?

TIA

6. beflythis

apparently there are slight differences, with the official 2.1 being more up-to-date than "update1" (although they are still both referenced as such by the phone).

I flashed the *official* update1, and my phone is now wigging out on randomly on call answers - see my newest thread for more info.