2.1 v2 -> 2.1 v3

Last Updated:

1. cmertin

cmertin Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, long time lurker, first time poster. Is there anyway as of now to upgrade from 2.1 V2 to 2.1 V3 (without loosing Root of course)?

I have rooted my phone and a lot of the problems that I am having with 2.1 V2 are fixed in 2.1 V3. I know that you guys need to patch it or something like that, I'm wondering how that is going right now.

Any help?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

no, they will have to come out with some new ROMs based on 2.1.3
    just give it a few days, im sure the devs are already on this

3. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Try a different rom bud. I'm running aloysius v6 and all the errors that were part of the 2.1v2 build are fixed. Theres a few things that need adjusted with it, but it has images with gmail, links from apps like urbanspoon open in browser, no time without signal bug, and it even has live wallpapers. Or you can try Sense-able, a solid, fast rom, but doesnt have images with gmail.

4. cmertin

That sounds amazing. Could you link me to that please?

Clarification: Aloysius not Sense-able (I hate sense)

5. hoovnick

hoovnick Member

6. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Guess I shoulda clarified. Aloysius is sense based, but you might be able to run a home switcher like helix on it to drop sense. Heres the link for aloysius.

HTC Droid Eris ROM Site

If you got to the home of that site, it has plenty of other roms as well that dont run on sense that you can check out.

7. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Just a reminder. Try not to post links from XDA unless you got approval from the dev. We dont want to piss anyone else off. Dev's over there have stated that they dont want their stuff posted here unless approved. If you got jcase's approval, then please dis-regard.

8. cmertin

9. char561

char561 Well-Known Member

Can't people just go over to XDA and look for themselves? I don't understand why the devs would care

10. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Because people nag them 24/7 and ask questions that have already been answered a 1000 times in the forums. It gets annoying after a while.

11. char561

Ah, that makes sense. I would get annoyed as well

12. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

It makes some sense, but in my mind we are all one android community. If you have knowledge that someone else doesn't then getting asked a million redundant questions comes with the territory. As we see here just because someone is a member of a forum doesn't mean they will search for an answer before asking a questions.Don't get me wrong. I love everything the devs do, and I am soooo grateful they are willing to spend there time working on things for us.

13. char561

I'm pretty sure that the devs have no problem answering questions but just want the people asking to search and see if the question has already been answered. Its really not that hard to search for answers. If the question has not already been asked noone is going to have a problem answering it.