• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 vs. Fresh : Anyone Able to Comment?

wax0pal

Apr 20, 2010
A couple of weeks ago, frustrated by the lack of attention from Sprint, I took the plunge and rooted. I flashed the Fresh ROM and have not looked back. Now that 2.1 is out, is there anyone out there that has hands on with both that can compare the two? Basically, I'm looking to find out if I should swap over to Eclair.

Thx in Advance.

I don't think you're gonna get many people that went from rooted to official... There's just too much to give up if you get the official update. :p

Fresh Rom 2.1.1 is based off the official Eclair update from sprint. The only thing you'll get by going to the official:

Loss of root access and all of it's helpful tools until the community re-obtains it for the new release.
All the Sprint bloatware installed back into your phone.
A golf clap from the purists.

Reactions: wax0pal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones