2.1 What's hot?Support

Last Updated:

1. Prince Muzic

Prince Muzic Active Member This Topic's Starter

I humbly apologize in advance if this question has already been asked but I'm not a huge follower of data updates and functions and so on and so forth. It's funny because half of the time I haven't a clue what some of these people are talking about. (WTF is OTA?) Ok ummm what exactly are the functions and bells and whistles of the 2.1 software update?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

OTA= Over The Air (as a reference to simply updating your phone over the network).
    OTW=Over The (you guessed it) Web. It's more complicated than an OTA update, but typically downloads faster.

From what I understand, the Samsung Moment has hardware that would be used in an optimal manner through a CDMA compatible OS (i.e. android 1.6+). I expect that the phone will run without most of the bugs that we currently experience, and it may most likely even run smoother. We will gain multi-touch capabilities, as well as access to other more advanced apps in the market. Hopefully Samsung will also take the time to fix the streaming buffer on the phone so that we will be able to effectively use Pandora.

Basically, the simplest and most conservative comparison that I can make right now is that the Samsung Moment is walking with a severe 1.5 limp compared to running when we get 2.1.

3. Prince Muzic

Why thank you.

4. Th3sandm4n

Th3sandm4n Active Member

I want to research this, but I am an optimist(and lazy) and hope you're right :) Because there are times where I wish it would be smoother so I can finally tell my iPhone friends that there is no longer any upside to having an iPhone

5. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

im simple, the only thing I'm really looking forward to with 2.1 is the updated app drawer, the new icons & the updated lock screen. hopefully we actually get that... the lockscreen especially :p

6. Prince Muzic

what will be different about the lockscreen?

7. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

the 2.1 lockscreen is the one thats on the Nexus One and now the Moto Droid. I like that lockscreen a lot more then the regular lock we have now... it's not a gaurantee that we're going to get that as part of our upgade though :(.

8. Prince Muzic

do you have a link to a pic of it? u got me interested now.

9. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

this is the lockscreen. it's purrrty :p

[​IMG]

10. SmokinPiff

SmokinPiff Banned

We can have this lockscreen now if we use LockBot Pro. I used it for a while, but I felt it was using too much battery... it wasn't really, but I just didn't feel the need to add a extra strain on my already precious battery life.

(p.s. you have to say "precious" like Gollum from Lord Of The Rings lol")

11. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Why don't you just check out sum videos of the nexus one on youtube and see everything for yourself.

12. Prince Muzic

it is purrrty!

13. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I could care less about more than half of that... about the only things that's MY concern, is voice recognition. Ours, well, just flat out sucks, and its only for ONE application, which also sucks hardcore. Give me a phone that's not hearing impaired please, it makes me look at it like a 90 year hobbling geizer. This things like 4 months old... babies can hear clearly, right?

14. justlovejoy

justlovejoy Well-Known Member

I cannot wait! I feel like I am being deprived of sex in a red light district with money just falling out of my pockets... ok a lol more like why am I still on 1.5 when I left tmobile g1 on 1.6