• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.12 Marketplace doesn't work unless I revert to old version? Started TODAY

vsa

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
I've got a Captivate I got last weekend running 2.2 Froyo (Designgears) and rooted using z4root.

I did apply OCLF but I undid and uninstalled it yesterday.

Today: Downloaded several apps, all good.

Tonight: Can't download any apps, says downloading, I get the small download icon flash up top screen but app never downloads.

If I go to systems/application settings/market and uninstall the 2.12 update I can download apps until I close the marketplace for the first time.

What have I broken? BTW: I have NOT removed any ATT software or Google software

They download if I clear the Market back to 1.82 I believe, but once on first run it auto updates to 2.12

So I can download all the apps I want right after I revert to 1.82, but if I close the marketplace and reopen it doesn't download anything.

I get the "downloading" icon at the top left for a split second then nothing. No message, no nothing.

Worked less than 4 hours ago

Upvote 0
I'm on WiFi, tried 3G too.

I'm just running the leaked Froyo that's been rooted with z4, installed some apps from the official marketplace not 4 or 5 hours ago.

Like I said, I can only download if I revert the Market back to the old version, and then only can download apps during that 1 session in Market unless I revert again.

Can I stop Market from updating in any way

Upvote 0
I had an update to AppBrain Market today and I noticed in the comments that a LOT of people are complaining that the Market isn't working, especially after this update. I decided not to update, but I haven't tried to download anything since then. I don't know if the two are related, but it seems that it is more of a problem with the Market itself. The new version of the Market was mentioned as being suspect.

Someone broke something. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones