2.15 downgrade to 2.05

Last Updated:

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this possible? If so what file do I need to make it happen. Not so sure I'm as happy with 2.15 as I was with 2.05.

Advertisement
  2. jeffreycentex

jeffreycentex Member

I don't think there is a full radio.img file for the 2.05 radio... (I don't know if this would work, but you could possibly go back to 1.xx then upgrade back to 2.05).

For me, 2.15 is on par with 1.xx. 2.05 caused my signal strengths to drop by at least 10 dB and more call drops....

3. michaelkahl

As seen in an earlier post 2.05 was rocking on my phone, but 2.15 isn't so great atm. However, there are many things to factor in right now. We've had bad weather tonight, so maybe receptions is bad across the board? Things are clear now however, so I dunno.

4. shadowmite

shadowmite New Member

While a 2.05 image can be created by a few of us, there is not one out there. DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE 2.05 radio zip file on a non 1.xx radio or it will almost certainly brick. Why would you want to downgrade?

5. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

maybe its just me. I'm getting great signal, but now my internet speed is slower? i'm getting 400kb up and 400 down.

I used to get 1.2 down

6. michaelkahl

I've had 2.15 for a few more days now. I'm fine with it, not sure if it's better than 2.05 but further testing have shown that my speeds are fine. I think the night I installed it there were just some funky things going on with the signal at our home. There were thunderstorms that night.
    Also, reading some of the reports of lost 3g signal and poor speeds probably fueled a mental thought.

7. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

2.15 is absolutely amazing for me!

While I haven't noticed too much of a difference in dB/network signal strength, my 3G download/upload speeds have shot up significantly from before! I'm seeing speeds consistently 2mbps+ for dl and ~1mbps ul. I ran 3 tests at different times and saw anywhere from 2-2.3mbps dl! :)

8. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

just to update you guys.

It seems that my speed problems were due to some tower issues in my area because now I'm back to 1.6megs down and 600 up.

9. michaelkahl

At work I have been doing 1.8Mbps down and 900+Mbps up. Not bad