2.15 to 2.05

Last Updated:

1. alanthing

alanthing Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there. I'm currently on the stock radio. I understand that you have to have S=OFF to install the 2.15 radio, and I have successfully run unrevoked forever. I also know that you have to have the sdcard formatted as FAT32 before applying the radio update. I have been reading mixed reviews of people with 2.15 and wishing they were back on 2.05. However, it appears from my reading that 2.05 is not a "full" release and you have to go back down to 1.0 first.

1) If I were to go from 1.0 to 2.15, how would I go to 2.05 (if needed/wanted)?

2) Where would I get 1.0 if I don't like any 2.x radios?

* note: I did read up a bit on this forum and XDA before posting here.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. alanthing

Updated to 2.15 without issue, and I'm running a CM6 nightly. Been pretty good so far!

Still, it would be cool to know how to downgrade to previous radios with S=OFF.

3. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

4. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I'm having a problem getting S-off. I downloaded Forever put it in sd card put my phone in recover selected as a zip rebooted and it still says S-On. What did you do?

5. DizkoDan

Sorry Alan, I missed the part about going back to 2.05. The only way to 2.05 is through 1.0. So basically, you have to do the complete revert to stock, then do the 2.05 process again.

alanthing likes this.
  6. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

agreed that you can only flash the OTA over a 1.xx radio, but...

maybe i'm wrong, but couldn't you just do a flash of the 1.xx radio image, then run the ota? if you have s-off, it would be much easier to do it that way than to go all the way back to stock and start over...

7. DizkoDan

I'm pretty sure that there is no 1.0 radio alone. The pb31img is the whole shabang. It's basically the stock image. Since the radio was part of that, it wasn't ever released as a single img as for as I know.

8. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

i believe this is just the radio image...

Index of /files/radio/1.00.03.04.06

if adrynalyne is around perhaps he can clarify for us...but i am pretty sure from asking him in another post, that the above link is for just the radio.

alanthing likes this.
  9. DizkoDan

Yeah, that looks like it is (only 12mb vs the 142mb). Didn't know he stripped it out. Interested to see if anyone has done that. Not that I care personally, but it definitely would make things easier for those who do want to go that route.

10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I'm very interested to know if anyone has done a flash of the above 1.xx radio. Also, I'm including the 2.05 radio link below to have both in one place. If somebody gives the green light, I'm going to flash the 1.xx and then return to 2.05 b/c I'm one who hasn't had great success with 2.15.

2.05.00.06.11 radio:
    dinc_ota.zip

alanthing likes this.
  11. alanthing

Thanks everyone. I'm having luck with 2.15 so I'm gonna stay here for now, but if I do have a problem I will likely try just the 1.00 radio and then the 2.05 OTA update on top of that. If I do I'll report back here.

12. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Dont' install it as a zip, it needs to be run through Hboot. So turn you DI on while holding volume down and it should come up with something asking if you want to install update just click yes and let it do it's thing .
    It won't work in Recovery, Hboot is your friend for UnRevoked Forever

13. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Jim, I installed Forever as a zip from SD. Recovery, flash zip file and I rebooted into S-off.
    PS. It now looks like they have an S-on tool as well.

14. iowabowtech

Same here. Don't even have to rename to update...just install zip from SD, choose it and load.

15. DizkoDan

Yep. I think I even did mine from ROM Manager.

16. ChiTownJim

Ya know what my bad haven't had my 5hr Energy yet, I'm thinking of updating the Radio has to be done in Hboot. Ignore my post , I'm a moron in the morning lol

17. DizkoDan

Happens to all of us. I have been documenting all this crap on my site, and at first I wrote boot into recovery for the radio stuff, knowing I meant hboot. ;)

18. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Whew, thankfully you never tried to root a friend's phone in the morning.:eek:

19. ChiTownJim

haha not a friend my Mom , she was really happy with me for that hour of time I couldn't get her phone to boot

20. iowabowtech

Yeah it's starting to get hard to remember all this stuff. There's getting to be a lot going on...which is a good thing.

21. ChiTownJim

YEah it is a lot and I'm so new to doing anythign with a phone my Eris was really my first smartphone I only had dumb phones before , I honestly didn't even know it was possible to modify the cell phone till I found this forum and I have no expierence in computers outside of basic functions .

22. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

23. ChiTownJim

Yeah I saw this , this is what we've been waiting for. I imagine that with this release we'll really start seeing some bugless roms . I'm really hoping this will help CM6 and JagerRom work out the bugs they had I loved both of those ROMS but the minor bugs were major for me

24. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm on SR 3.0 RC2 now. I wonder how that will affect the devs. With this release I thing the OTA might be just around the corner. Nice that they released it too. Heading back over now, it's hard to keep up.

25. ChiTownJim

YEah I just stay here , I know XDA gets things slightly faster and has a bit more information on this kind of stuff but I perfer it over here lol

I flashed SR 3.0 last night , so far I'm enjoying it . Still have to try out GPS , MMS and BT