• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Was this a forced update?

Not forced but it was one click if you are running the LG Mobile update tool. It was not OTA. I can tell you the device is less stable and slower but that could be from the bloatware that was reinstalled. Definately going to make sure none of my users are running this tool. You need to install it to get the drivers but make sure its disabled or uninstalled after you pull them down. I don't think you can just d/l them manuallly but I may be wrong.

Reactions: Aplus
Upvote 0
About how long did the update take to install. Also the ota download has to be on your pc some ware. Try to find it, so I can make a rooted version. Make sure you make hidden folders visable. It should be in a zip or they might be .img files. I am still looking for a alternate method for you to reroot your phone.

I'm trying to find it. It's not a *.img file (Don't have any outside my LG Folder)) *.zip is more difficult to find (have at least 5500 in my computer) will let you know. The update took about 15 mins.

Upvote 0
found it here - C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\BIN

I don't have this folder because as I said before I tried to make another update after i got the new firmware to try to get it back and the software deleted that folder, so at least we know that after any other update the LG software is going to delete the old one.

This is part of my log in: C:\LGMobileUpgrade

11:35:09 : Start Date : 2010-12-27 11:35:09
11:35:09 : ***** Check Tool Version *****
11:35:09 : Tool version : 1.4.5.9
11:35:09 : UpgradeDLL version : 1.2.3.7
11:35:09 : Current Dir : C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client
11:35:09 : LGE USB Driver Version :
11:35:09 : ******************************************
11:35:09 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\BIN] Try to delete folder
11:35:09 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] Try to delete folder
11:35:10 : *****CheckOS Start********
11:35:10 : Microsoft_Windows7_Home Edition_
11:35:10 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****
11:35:10 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found - OK and ready to upgrade
11:35:10 : SetEmerModeAT()
11:35:11 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...
11:35:11 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)

Upvote 0
Hey guys this may seem as a silly question but where on the Android Optimus M is the LG Update tool located? I swear the metro store I went to sold me a dud phone. I have been having my wifi connection drop on a very stable network, I have had people complain of not hearing me during conversations and I have had my calls drop a lot. But my main question is where is this update tool located because I wouldn't be surprised if this phone doesn't even have it. For all I know that sleazy guy could have sold me a display phone.

Edit: I wanted to see if this update fixed my phone before I go and to the corporate store today and request a replacement. Also the Factory restore that was suggested by tech support didn't help with the issues I'm having. Some assistance please and thanks guys.

Upvote 0
Hey guys this may seem as a silly question but where on the Android Optimus M is the LG Update tool located? I swear the metro store I went to sold me a dud phone. I have been having my wifi connection drop on a very stable network, I have had people complain of not hearing me during conversations and I have had my calls drop a lot. But my main question is where is this update tool located because I wouldn't be surprised if this phone doesn't even have it. For all I know that sleazy guy could have sold me a display phone.

Edit: I wanted to see if this update fixed my phone before I go and to the corporate store today and request a replacement. Also the Factory restore that was suggested by tech support didn't help with the issues I'm having. Some assistance please and thanks guys.

This is the link for the LG Mobile Updater

Mobile Phone Support

Reactions: lionrain
Upvote 0
This is the link for the LG Mobile Updater

Mobile Phone Support

Thanks Danyvw, this is the manual installation. Isn't the update tool supposed to come with the phone or am I mistaken? Also, I downloaded the software onto my phone where can I locate it an install it? And have you been having some of the similar issues I mentioned in my previous post. Thanks again. I know this is a great phone, I just wish mines wasn't defective.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones