• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2.3 stock based

After I take a break on my latest project
Would any of you benefit from a stockish based rom built with my latest source of 2.2.3? I've been requested to put one together after I work out the bugs in the latest bionx build. I would throw everything that was stock back in it so when someone needed to be stock again, it would make things easier on people.
I would provide a rooted version and non-rooted version.

If you would like this, I need the froyo stock dump so I can rebuild it.

I recently started building an ics rom for the kindle fire [of course a new bionx rom]
While building with new sources, I found some things that could be useful for the ally. I've gotten ics to boot once into a boot loop with audio on the ally, that told me that I missed something and its possible. No promises but that's really the only development challenge we have left on this device.
Our goals right now is to perfect and finish our latest projects.

Stormdroid is finishing up its final build. (Curious to see the final build)
Bionx needs finished up (sorry bionx users but go launcher is gettn kicked, to laggy)
Velocity is getten polished as well (being one of the volunteers to finish it)

I'll b building a stock 2.2.3 rom
I'll b polishing the stock 2.3.4 rom

And as a rainy day project, 4.0 (no promises)

Reactions: cr5315
Upvote 0
I recently started building an ics rom for the kindle fire [of course a new bionx rom]
While building with new sources, I found some things that could be useful for the ally. I've gotten ics to boot once into a boot loop with audio on the ally, that told me that I missed something and its possible. No promises but that's really the only development challenge we have left on this device.

Bionx needs finished up (sorry bionx users but go launcher is gettn kicked, to laggy)

ICS :eek: hoping lol. anyways im looking forward to 2.2.3 Stock rom :D

Upvote 0

ICS would be coool :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones