• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 Addressing texting issue?

How many texts do you send a week? I've never lost a single text since I got my Droid on the original release day...wondering if you are up in the thousands and are pushing some limit that I'll never get near to.

Until you resolve your problems, you could get My Backup Pro and use it to back up your texts to your SD card or online automatically on a schedule you set.

Upvote 0
This brings up a question I've had since I first got my Droid but was never appropriately answered. When I get texts that have a video/.gif/some form of moving pix and they have a bit of text w/ it, it's like chopped and screwed. Every phone I've had displays them normally, but the Droid has always seemed to have a prob w them. Like if it's just a bunch of pix looped they'll start w/ a blank screen, be long pauses between the pix and then display the text. The way it should play is the text should be at the bottom of the pic, and the pix would loop seamlessly. Is there a fix for this, or is this just the Droid?

I don't really know how else to describe what I'm talking about, but they're common messages you'd get from anyone. Like I said, it's been this way since I've owned the Droid, but I never really got an answer on here (I haven't addressed this issue since before I rooted).

EDIT: I just checked on my g/f's Incredible, and it's the same issue. Doesn't matter if we use the stock or Handcent. So is this an Android issue?

Reactions: connor11493
Upvote 0
The only problem I have with text messages is that every now and then (maybe 1 in 50 during a long conversation) I will get a notification of a new text, but the single message will not be in the conversation list.

For example, last night I was talking to my girlfriend and Handcent SMS played my new text notification and put the icon in the notification bar. I pulled down the notification bar and was able to read the first few words of the text. However, when I clicked it and opened Handcent SMS, the text was not there at all. I have had this happen in the stock text app as well.

Usually this is not a big deal because I am just talking to friends, family, my girlfriend, etc. However, I do have clients who text me from time to time and if it ever happens with one of them that could be very bad.

Right now, the only fix I know of is to simply ask that the text be resent. I'm not sure if this is what everyone is talking about when they state that their texts get deleted, but I do hope it gets fixed soon.

Kratos

Upvote 0
This brings up a question I've had since I first got my Droid but was never appropriately answered. When I get texts that have a video/.gif/some form of moving pix and they have a bit of text w/ it, it's like chopped and screwed. Every phone I've had displays them normally, but the Droid has always seemed to have a prob w them. Like if it's just a bunch of pix looped they'll start w/ a blank screen, be long pauses between the pix and then display the text. The way it should play is the text should be at the bottom of the pic, and the pix would loop seamlessly. Is there a fix for this, or is this just the Droid?

I don't really know how else to describe what I'm talking about, but they're common messages you'd get from anyone. Like I said, it's been this way since I've owned the Droid, but I never really got an answer on here (I haven't addressed this issue since before I rooted).

EDIT: I just checked on my g/f's Incredible, and it's the same issue. Doesn't matter if we use the stock or Handcent. So is this an Android issue?

This seems to me like you're describing animated .gifs, which Android in general, I think, doesn't support. Lame and odd, I know, given we have the smartest of the smartphones. Oh well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones