2.2 after hard reset, programs open without me- ATK?Support

Last Updated:

1. da9b20

da9b20 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So after my update i noticed programs opening in the background all the time. between this, the choppy everything, and pandora never closing, i decided to do the hard reset. after that, i just had to reinstall apps. now its smooth and faster than ever.

so, the issue ATK still shows apps open that were not open before. i kill them and check in 20 and sometimes things like Skype and pandora are open but i never started the app.
    i am thinking that the ATK isnt working. to even push this idea more, now when i surf the net, i close it with the ATK. it says its closed but when i open the internet again, its on the same page i left it on. why not my home page as before. i did set my home page.

Advertisement
  2. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the same behavior and thought it was my process manager app, but they all show this.

I'm seeing random apps starting too (at least according to ATK/etc). Skype, vz navigator, etc etc.

And "killing" these apps doesn't seem to work properly.

Overall, I wish I could go back to 2.1 honestly. This is a buggy nightmare. I hope there is a root soon for the 2.2 sense froyo on the Dinc so I can put 2.1 back or something else that's more stable.

Another bug in froyo in general that is pissing me off is the zombie notification icon problem. Any app that puts a notification icon in the notification area (at the top) that you "kill" leaves its notification icon around. And then opening the app up, it looks like it is where you left it, just stopped.

For example, cherry rplayer - you are playing a stream and it shows playing or buffering and you can hear the station. You "kill" the app, and the audio stops, but the notification icon is still there and then when I click the notification icon or the app again, it opens back at the same stream as "stopped" not as if I'd just launched it fresh.

Something is definitely different about this. It's like the processes aren't being killed but rather the signal is caught and it's like swapping the entire process out and then suspending it instead of killing it entirely. Very, very strange and I want my 2.1-update1 back :(

3. da9b20

da9b20 Active Member This Topic's Starter

zombie notification --yep. after the reset, things are better, but it is what it is. as noted on other threads, i do like the upgrades. my video is better and wifi is cool.

4. breathmints

breathmints Well-Known Member

app killer kills my message ringtone and kills my alarm ringtone tone.. for a smart fone this fone got all sorts of problems

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

the phone is fine, this user shouldnt have put the app killer on the phone...then everything would be fine

6. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember VIP Member

Seems like you already have your answer. Or "anser" as you may prefer.

7. jws3

jws3 Well-Known Member

Sounds damned stupid to me. I called HTC, who told me that Vz made them add these BS programs and made then remain open.:mad:

8. breathmints

Save battery .. need one .. i heard they dont work with froyo but im not sure

9. howarmat

no you dont NEED one...you are fooled into thinking you do

10. v8dreaming

v8dreaming Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that the dx and d2 come with atk pre-installed. haha
    It was on the test phones at verizon anyway.

11. howarmat

untrained idiots at vzw load them onto phone even without asking the customers. Its part of the "activation" process for some of them. its stupid. if they did that to mine i would slap them silly for installing shit on my phone without my permission

12. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

Yeah, like the store idiots tell you when you get your first Android phone, all about exporting Outlook CSV from BackupAssistant on the web, then importing into Google Contacts. All I did was fire the phone up and create a Verizon BackupAssistant account in Sync. My contacts appeared with no fuss, and with all the right phone number types, etc. And I don't have to deal with all the trash that's in my Google Contacts (Google Wave addresses, etc.). You'd think Verizon would use their own s**t ... it's so simple. No export/import and lossage.

13. breathmints

?? wth are you talking about.. ur saying you dont use one? i guess so.