2.2 and AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nodzarf

Nodzarf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just thinking ahead for when 2.2 is released to the incredible, will all the apps i have work? or will they have to be upgraded to 2.2 also? My experience from playing online games with addons that almost everytime there was a patch to the game, most of the addons did not work until it was upgraded by the developer.

Advertisement
  2. samuelk

samuelk Member

The only people who know the answer to that question are the people who built the individual apps.

Whether or not an app will work with 2.2 depends on each individual app. Some may work without patching, some may not.

3. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

I have noticed quite a few of my apps have been recently updated to support 2.2

4. jon2datymuls

jon2datymuls Member

I also read somewhere that if the person who made the app decided to lock the app down it will not be upgraded unless they want to go back in and change it. Then again where i read it is full of idiots so who knows. :confused:

5. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

In the last week a bunch of my apps updated and in the summary of what was upgraded it usually stated support for 2.2 i Froyo is closer than we think

6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Based on dev input, all apps will need to be revised to install or import to a card. Also, it is MUCH easier to incorporate the feature when the app is being developed than it is to modify after the fact. The level of this factor depends of course on the complexity of the app.

7. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

Remember, most apps are designed for all Android phones. Developers don't make apps specifically for the Incredible. Since some Android phones are already getting 2.2, developers are updating their apps to support 2.2. By the time we get 2.2 on our Incredibles, I would venture to guess that 95% of the apps we use will have already been updated to support 2.2.

Don't worry about 2.2 and apps - we'll be fine.

8. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

wtf does froyo stand for? jw...

9. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

10. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

That would be cool, but i have over two hundred apps and only two so far have updated for 2.2 function. I do agree that sometime this year, things will smooth out- unless the dev does not care to update for microsd installs or importing.

11. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Of course, it's up to the individual dev on whether or not they choose to revise their apps to support installation on the sd card. Depending on the app, they either may not want it to install on the card or may feel that it's too much trouble to implement and just leave it as is.