2.2 and MixZing EQ and AAC decoding....Support

Last Updated:

1. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Two issues that have come up in the recent past would need to be fixed before I'd accept the OTA 2.2 when it finally pushes.

1) MixZing users reported that the EQ only worked on 2.2 when the app was in the foreground.

2) Support for some codecs was dropped causing Pandora, Slacker, and other streamers to sound like crap. Supposedly google decided to fix this. The temporary fix prior to this decision was to disable Stagefright but that causes other issues of its own.

Can users who've installed the leak please confirm that these are fixed or not fixed?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

That doesn't surprise me about #1. That's how it is on my Eris with Sense running.

3. sorka

I use MixZing probably 3 hours a day. The Droid X with this app has replaced my ipod touch. If this is still broken with 2.2, I'll do whatever it takes to stay with 2.1.

4. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

Hopefully the officiat OTA of 2.2 will fix many of these bugs. So far it seems the leaked version has lots of bugs.

5. sorka

...and my question will never be answered in this sub forum. Gee, thanks for moving it out of the forum where most of the 2.2 talk is occuring.

6. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

Well, clearly no one has the answer. We're just discussing.

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

thats what subforums are for. It helps direct people with answers to the people with questions.Its in the posting guidelines. If you need support or troubleshooting you post in the sup/troubleshooting subforum. If you have a root question you post in the root subforum, etc.

8. sorka

That's fine, but there are 3000+ other threads in the main forum where people asked similar questions about 2.2 that did not get moved.

Note, nobody has actually answered the question because those with 2.2 aren't reading the subforum.