2.2 and phone vibrate setting

Last Updated:

1. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So once i installed the new 2.2 rom the only problem ive had is my phone vibrate setting. when i use the volme keys and turn it to vibrate it doesnt set it it just silences it. and it also doesnt vibrate when that icon shows up to show its set like it used to. but ring works. anyone else have this problem? its my only one and its kind of annoying esp for work.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

In your settings, under sound, check to see if vibrate is set for only when not silenced - if so, then it should act just like you are describing.

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

You beat me to it.. although I set mine for vibrate always. Hmmm.. this feature seemed simpler in 2.1 but oh well..
    And also, if you have it checked as vibrate always, on your lock screen, you can toggle from vibrate to ring with a simple slide of the finger.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

Yeh the wording of the settings is like a word problem in a math class. Always, Never, Only in silent mode, only when not in silent mode. I had to think a second about what I wanted lol. But then, I'm a little dense I guess. :D

5. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow thtas kinda confusing wording haha but hey it worked! i guess i never had to adjust that setting like that so.

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Yeah, it confused me too when I first put 2.2 on here. Someone else pointed me to it.

7. cyberboi79

cyberboi79 New Member

Is there anyway to set to vibrate only when in silent mode at the same time vibrate when sms is coming in? I cannot seem to do that?? It vibrates only when there is a call coming in. Is that a bug or what?? Pls help me..