• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 and SD card Format Question

BlueDC2

Android Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2010
So is anyone else geting this on KaosFroyo?

Blank SD card
SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem

If I click it it says:
Format SD card
Are you sure you want to format the SD card? All data on your card will be lost.

I click format, and it doesn't do anything? Anyone else get this?

I have already backed up my titanium folder and all my pictures, and obviously my nandroid backups. I did the proper wipes. Not worried about losing data, but what do I do to get this notification to go away.

:(

Edit: Nevermind, removed the sd card and re-inserted it, problem fixed.

Ok, so his fix of just taking it out, and putting it back in, didn't fix mine. It still acts as if the sd card is unreadable or something. I can't do anything with it. Not only do I want to recover some of my pics/songs that were on there, but I would at least like the card to work. I have found several recovery downloads, but none of them work on my droid x w/ android 2.3.3. The downloads fail because they are for either windows or mac. Are there any downloads that can possibly recover the card in my droid x? I know I'm a Beginner with all this, so any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Ok, so his fix of just taking it out, and putting it back in, didn't fix mine. It still acts as if the sd card is unreadable or something. I can't do anything with it. Not only do I want to recover some of my pics/songs that were on there, but I would at least like the card to work. I have found several recovery downloads, but none of them work on my droid x w/ android 2.3.3. The downloads fail because they are for either windows or mac. Are there any downloads that can possibly recover the card in my droid x? I know I'm a Beginner with all this, so any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AndroidForum, jlilleskau (sorry, your first post is about a problem, though :().

You've posted in the HTC Droid Eris forums and while there's some great folks that still view these forums, there's not as many as there used to be or that also have a Droid X.

Here's the links to the main Droid X forum and the support & troubleshooting sub-form that you might want to post in:

Motorola Droid X - Android Forums

Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

I'm not exactly sure what the SD card issue is, so I don't have anything obvious to suggest that you try, but if you post a thread in the above Droid X troubleshooting sub-forum, hopefully one of those folks might be able to help you.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones