2.2: auto update and uninstall?Support

1. dedukes

dedukes New Member

Hi, all.

I'm new to Android. Just got a HTC Hero yesterday, with the latest update of 2.2.

A couple of questions I can seem to find answered anywhere.

1. I can't figure out how uninstall apps.

2. I can't figure out how to set apps to auto-upgrade or what the function is to update all simultaneously. i've seen screenshots from others phone showing the "update all" function in Market. But it doesn't exist in mine. I'm wondering if that's because it doesn't exist for the Hero?

Thanks for you help.

--dd

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

for one thing, the latest update is 2.1, not 2.2

To uninstall apps, you go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications

There are quite a few you cannot uninstall without rooting

There is no auto-update function in 2.1 (that I know of). The market will notify you of updates that are available (most of the time)

I suggest you read the manual that came with the phone :)
  3. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I have not seen them put the android 2.2 on a hero, the last updates were for 2.1 + I thought. if it is the true android 2.2 that would be cool. you can see the video on Android.com - Android at Google I/O website
  4. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Well-Known Member

Probably referring to System Update 2.27.651.6 (3.17MB) FOTA

You uninstall applications either from settings menu or just go to "downloads" in the marketplace and select the app you want to uninstall and click "uninstall"

update all does not exist.
  5. dedukes

dedukes New Member

thanks, everyone. i thought i had 2.20--now i realize i don't, so i get why i don't have the newly celebrated "update all" function that 2.2 has.

about uninstall. i specifically am trying to uninstall the NASCAR app. If I'm in "Manage Applications" and clock on that app, I see no option for uninstalling.
  6. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Well-Known Member

you cannot uninstall sprint applications - applications that came on your phone/ones that do not show up in the marketplace.

you can remove those applications if and only if you decide to "root" your phone. Which is also called jailbreaking if you use apple terminology.

for more info on rooting please go to this forum area: All Things Root (Sprint Hero) - Android Forums
  7. ggolkalam

ggolkalam New Member

can anyone tell how can i remove update adnroid2.2 from my htc wild fire
  8. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Thread moved to the troubleshooting section. I would recommend hitting up the AT&T HTC Wildfire subforum for your question.

You can find that subforum here: HTC Wildfire - Android Forums .