2.2 Brightness widget and keyboard?Support

Last Updated:

1. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was reading that a couple features 2.2 was supposed to add was making Auto-Brightness one of the settings on the Power widget. I'm not seeing this on my phone after the update. Is that the same for everybody or do I have to do something to make it work? (I've tried removing and re-adding the widget).

Another benefit I saw was that you were supposed to be able to press & drag up on the keyboard to get the special character instead of having to press & hold. Also not seeing this. Is this because we don't have the stock keyboard in Sense or another issue?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Looks like both things are there.
    The brightness option is to the far right of the power widget and pressing on a letter and swiping up gives me characters.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  3. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Weird. When I slide my finger on the keyboard, it just moves to the next letter. I still have to long press to get the other characters.

And yeah, I have the brightness button on the widget, but it doesn't include auto as an option. It just still cycles between three settings like always.

4. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I usually use the phone keyboard and that layout did change a bit. The keys are a bit wider, the XT9 ABC choice button is now on the right side which is better for me. The ? and ! keys are now gone and you have to long press to get those characters - not so good!. The press and swipe doesn't work in any of the keyboards when I try that.
    The power widget is the same as before. Maybe those changes take place with a factory reset?