2.2 by end of September?!

Last Updated:

1. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was watching Attack of the Show on G4 and they happened to do a review on the Captivate, which happened to blow the doors off of the X in whichever app they were opening.

BUT I DIGRESS!

Anyways they said Samsung is hoping to get 2.2 to all the Galaxy S phones by the end of September.

Not sure how reliable that is, but it's info none the less!

Advertisement
  2. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member

People actually pay attention to the news on that show? I mostly oggle the hot female host..

rmreid likes this.
  3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Key word there is hoping. They were hoping for this summer, then hoping for September. Im hoping its sooner than later. AOTS is not ironclad but its something

4. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

It would be nice, but after seeing so many dates for Froyo 2.2 for my Incredible not happen I'm not sure I have much hope that it will - However I'm thinking 2.2 on the SF should provide a nice improvement.

5. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

When I talked to tech support last Friday he stated that it should be with in a few weeks. He had it the phone next to him loaded with Froyo and the latest test release has been working great. He said that the first release made the Fascinate keept crashing. So i hope its true.

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hope is a funny thing. Someone anyone says a few weeks and we get excited. As the DX guys though, they've been hearing a few weeks since the July launch. Im not saying it is or isnt true. Im just not getting hope too high

7. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yeah but the froyo on the X kept having issues so as long as they dont have any issues with the fascinate then it should not take nearly as long

8. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

Well we really can only hope. Since we don't have concrete info. But updates are always like that. I don't think we will be getting 3.0 though.... ;-)

9. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

As long as I don't have to "change" along with my "hope"....that hasn't worked out too good.....

10. rwrife

rwrife Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any chance of it happening. If they were going to have 2.2 ready that soon after release they would have just waited to release the phone.

11. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

I hope you're wrong about 3.0. This phone certainly meets the hardware requirements for it.

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

yeah i wouldnt see why it wouldnt get 3.0 and i mean if verizon doesnt push it there will be leaked versions for those who rooted can install.

13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Hey! Did MW start this?!? Burn Notice placed his mark real good in the Incredible forum. The thread was very loooong.

VZW has to apply their "magic" to the rom, so I would expect Europe to be end of month, and a complete roll-out for US devices by December. My guess is the VZW version will be last (December). BING! (November has a shot, but please do not hold breath for October).

Please consider that just a few months from now, even fancier devices will be their focus and VZW already positioned the Fascinate (unfairly) as a feature phone to replace the Eris. This device is not a priority... Heck none really are at this point, but the X will get 2.2 in the next few weeks, but Motorola is pushing that effort- not VZW.

Like HTC, Samsung leaves the update pushing to the carriers (this is not good).

Summary of push effort

HTC = weak
    VZW = weak
    Tmo= weak
    Sprint = strong
    Moto = strong
    Samsung = weak
    At&t = who is kidding who? WEAK!

Hmmm. Looks like the ultimate device for updates would be a Motorola device on Sprint ;)

Shame about their network coverage though.