2.2 camera vs. Vignette

Last Updated:

1. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, now that I have the 2.2 update installed. I've been messing around a bit with the default camera and video. H.264 is lot smoother and less grainy in video. Even if you can't go full 720p.

But seems to me the default camera is taking a lot better pics too. Sadly I'm not really at a place where I can upload to show the diffrence. But in my opinion the default camera app is taking pictures pretty close to vignette (which I also use). Don't remember seeing camera software upgrade listed in the notes. But pics look a lot better to me.

Anyone else with both have an opinion?

Just wondering if it is just me.

Advertisement
  2. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

The file sizes from Vignette are still much larger than the stock camera. The stock camera still seems to be using much more JPG compression.

3. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is true. Which is why I am asking. Vignette used to be much clearer than default camera. Now It doesn't appear I am seeing a huge diffrence.

I love Vignette(why i bought it), but I'm not sure if I am seeing enough diffrence now to justify the 2 to 3 times larger file size.

Which is why I am asking for 2nd opinions.

4. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Well I did not do the update since I'm not having any problems with my current 2.2 ROM but I did notice that after I flashed my camera does take better pictures than before.

5. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

any new thoughts is vignette worth purchasing vs stock?

6. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Well-Known Member

vignette is still well worth purchasing, but I find myself using the stock camera more now and just using vignette for all the post processing stuff. I like the ability to spot focus on the stock app, and I like that the pictures process much quicker. Vignette can be laggy, probably because of the larger file sizes

7. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

What is this vignette? A picture taking app?

8. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

yes i think it has a lot more options than the stock app.

9. lite blue

lite blue Well-Known Member

i went ahead and got vignette. i agree it is a bit slower than stock app, but i also get too may white outs from the flash in stock app. vignette somehow avoids the whiting out while still using the flash