2.2 cant turn off vibration when typing messages???Support

1. xpinx

xpinx New Member

after updating to 2.2 i realized that i cant turn off the vibration while typing messages.. do anyone know how to shut it off???

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Go to settings/language & keyboard/touch input/text input & un tick vibrate when typing.
  3. deenisey

deenisey New Member

thanks so much!! but how do i turn off the vibrate when dailing a number?
  4. lloeljezer

lloeljezer New Member

I have the same problem. How can i turn off the vibration when i am writing message?
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Look for "haptic feedback" in the settings and turn it off. Try the dialer app and the system menu.

Can't be more specific as it's more than 2 years since I used an HTC ROM, so don't remember the menus very well.
  6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

It's also been a while since I used a sense ROM but I think haptic feedback will be found under sound settings.
  7. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello xpinx and welcome to Android Forums. I think you will find the option to disable haptic feedback under settings>sound>vibrate feedback.
    I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your time on these forums.
    Thanks for joining the community.
  8. Farydah

Farydah New Member

pls guide me how to turn off vibration while typing any msg. im having Qmobile's set Noir A5 Classic.
    Pls help me Out!!
  9. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

As olbriar said above, the haptic feedback setting (the name for this vibration) is in the sound settings, at least on devices I've used.

Some third party keyboards have such settings too. I think the system setting should override these, so try that first.