2.2 contacts "display groups" broken?Support

Last Updated:

1. mjstraw

mjstraw Member This Topic's Starter

Before 2.2 upgrade, under contacts/menu "display groups" would present me with a list of contact groups (all, phone, google) with a header of "show"

Now I just get the "show" header and no list of groups

Mark

Advertisement
  2. Mike72771

Mike72771 New Member

I just checked mine and it has.

+ Create new group
    All Contacts
    Favorites
    Facebook
    Google
    Phone Contacts

Is that the list you're missing?

3. mjstraw

that's the one.

another oddity is that when viewing a contact, the "links" at the bottom shows two entries, "unknown-1" and "unknown-2"

Mark

4. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

That happened to me on the leaked version (1st one), but hasn't happened with the OTA. If you reboot your phone it should work fine.

5. mjstraw

Battery pull fixed "display group" problem for a while. Now it's back. Touching "Contacts: groupname" header still shows list.

Traced "unknown-1" back to contacts added in Touchdown (Touchdown does set up a "touchdown" group)

6. mjstraw

This still happens from time to time. Power off/on fixes it, battery pull not necessary

7. histreet

histreet New Member

Moto Droidx 2.2 stock- Verizon

I have seen the list in the contacts and then sometimes it is gone. Today it just says the black box with the word SHOW and a down arrow in it. I am rebooting now to see if it fixes.

What is REALLY annoying is it doesn't seem to REMEMBER my default choice for the display contacts. I choose my gmail contacts and it is fine. I don't want to see hundreds of Facebook contacts who I don't even have phone numbers for. So when it filters it is as I want. But if I choose contacts again it seems to go back to showing all facebook contacts + google contacts.

Another MAJOR flaw- You can ONLY filter the contacts by group when you click the person icon on the bottom right of the main phone screen. If you open the phone with the dialer however, and then click the contact tab, it goes back to showing ALL the facebook + google contacts. If you click the settings button it doesn't allow you to choose a group, only set up speed dial or search buttons appear. Why in the would should it be different than the other contacts button.

This is really making me mad. Say you are driving and you want to make a call to someone after hanging up a call or if you choose the phone dialer button- all the sudden you have to slog though 300+ more contacts who don't even have phone numbers?? YOU ARE IN A DIALER, I want to CALL these people when I am in this mode. Don't show me people who don't have phones.

So how to we get this reported? I assume this happens with all people on 2.2. I'm about ready to unlink facebook from my phone because it causes these headaches that make day to day phone use a problem.

8. cmtuggl

cmtuggl Member

9. BrnPnngr

BrnPnngr New Member

I've been using DW Contacts (Awesome by the way!)for a while but they haven't been able to solve my problem as of yet. I've been using groups to sort through all of my contact's and it's been working great but now since we use Google Apps at work it brings in both groups even if have it set to not show any contacts at all in both accounts it still shows both of the acct's groups full of every contact you have in them including all of the Face Book, Twitter etc plain as day. The only thing that I think I can do is delete all contacts/groups from all but one account but then I can't keep work and play separate.

10. BrnPnngr

BrnPnngr New Member

FYI,
    I went to the following link this morning, posted the below and the rep transferred me to another dept and they (after me pestering her) escalated a trouble ticket to level up from her. I'll let you know what/if I here. I think if enough of us do the same then maybe the loss of man hours will make them at least recognize that it's a bug. God know they don't hardly respond to their own support forums.

Google Help

"The contact manager brings in all of the Gmail accounts that are on the phone. Even if the other accounts are set not to sync in "Accounts and Sync" or "Display Options". The same thing happens with Face Book but that's not an issue. FB is shown in the Groups area at the bottom even though they are set to not sync with contacts. This issue happens on multiple phones I've used and wasn't an issue until we started using Google Apps at work. When this happened with my second account before that I just deleted all of my contacts and groups out of my extra account. With Google Apps I can't delete my contacts there because I need them there for emails and phone numbers at work. I can't ad my personal contacts to the work account due to liability and it's really embarrassing when you add your friend to an internal office email. Organizing contacts is my opinion the most efficient and logical way to organizing contacts and I'd hate to go backwards and reinvent my workflow but if there's a better way I'm open to suggestions."