2.2 Delayed?

Last Updated:

1. riverboat2001

riverboat2001 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

I see no source stated anywhere in that article, as is the case with 99% of articles concerning Android updates.
    I actually believe that most of these articles are designed to get page hits, rather than provide real information.

3. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell Google and HTC never set a time, people assumed. The only date that has been accurate was the one for around the launch of the Iphone 4 that didn't turn out to be Froyo released as a ROM just Google giving out the source.

Everything else seems wild rumours making it difficult to work out the real date. I would say that it will be third quarter at least until we hear anything about a firm release date. if at all.

If you need your wifi working there are plenty of other guides from what I read on how to reverse the OTA on an unbranded phone.

riverboat2001 likes this.
  4. riverboat2001

I thought i had to go the whole hog and root it to get my wifi working.
    A google search doesn't return too much help.
    HTC have said to take it to service centre, but i don't want to be withouth my phone.

5. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

it's easy to fix, just flash it with the original ROM you used when you debranded it. You'll lose all your settings etc but working wifi is a must really.

6. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

to me this article doesn't carry any creadibility, no source, no date of publishing this article, not mentioned how the information was gathered or just assumed.
    and since when iOS4 brought many new features. my girlfriend updated her 3GS to iOS4 and appart from weird multitasking she didn't get much.
    so could this person from that site list me any of the features that came in new iOS4 that are supperior than current Eclair 2.1 i'm not even talking about Froyo :)

7. riverboat2001

The thing i would say that Iphone has got right (and pretty much all Apple products) is
    Advertising and Hype....

But i agree about the page hits angle, i too would have thought any announcement would come directly from HTC themselves.

8. dcuk7

dcuk7 New Member

9. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

Beginning IN Q3, not beginning OF Q3, a very subtle but important difference.

If the statement did say "beginning of" then we could expect Froyo any time this month. As it is we can expect Froyo any time between now and 30/09/10.

10. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

Don't forget that HTC need to spend time further developing and testing 2.2 with their Sense UI, so this will certainly add time to any release plans they might have.

I think it was an oversight by Google to force apps to internal memory, especially given the fact that most non-iPhones don't have the on-board capacity of the iPhone. Plus it seems that HTC's Sense also uses up a lot of this memory, because my Desire with 2.1 had noticeably less space when I got it compared to my partner's Sony Xperia X10 with 1.6, which I noticed doesn't have a lot of Sony customisation on it compared to what HTC do to their phones.

That said I'm happy with how my Desire is functioning and the number of apps I've got on it for now and as much as I'm looking forward to Froyo, I'm not looking forward to setting the phone up all over again.

11. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

What's the big deal with 2.2?

I know everyone wants the latest things, like yesterday, but what's the attraction.

More speed? Well the phone is already really fast.
    WiFi Tether? I don't need this
    Flash? What does this really mean? I can see all the websites i need
    Apps2SD? I have about 30 apps on my phone and it's nowhere near full.

Am i missing the big Wow factor?

12. iango

iango Member

I can confirm 100% desire users get FroYo 2.2 in August it was confirmed at a meeting I was at on Tuesday by the European handset manager for htc