2.2 froyo>2.1 nandroid?

Last Updated:

1. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I do a nandroid restore with a 2.2 Rom installed? I had The updated radio, installed second wave froyo and hydra kernel. I'm wondering if I can just restore my nandroid back up I did before or do I have to go to stock first?

Advertisement
  2. mdonova33

mdonova33 Well-Known Member

Simply put, because of the radio change, if you are on 2.2, no going back to 2.1 or a 2.1 nandroid.

3. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Then I guess I just answered his question incorrectly in another thread...i know your radio will stay the same but I thought you could still naaandroid back to different rom? I installed a pre 2.15 nandroid no problem but it was a 2.2 rom

4. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

the way i understand it, this statement is wrong on a few different levels.

first: you absolutely can run the 2.15 radio on 2.1. i did it before i loaded skyraider 2.5...i didn't have it installed for long, just long enough to load rom manager and flash skyraider - but it still did work. i've also restored my 2.1 nandroid a few times trying to figure out what apps i was missing, without incident.

second: if you have s-off, you can easily re-flash the stock radio and go back to 2.1 that way (if you don't want to run 2.15 radio with 2.1). unless i'm misunderstanding something...

najaboy likes this.
  5. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

More simply put, that's incorrect.

You can nandroid back to 2.1 without issue. The 2.xx baseband isn't dependent on the OS version.

Eris Lover likes this.