2.2 (Froyo) by the end of the Month [Rumor]

Last Updated:

1. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

That road map is suspect! It is likely a fake as it doesn't resemble real internal tmo docs at all plus it has the vibrant coming out on the 21st but tmo has confirmed that it will be launching on the 15th. Plus htc says that the update will come by years end which means they are no where near close enough to pinpoint an eta. Bottom line...I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, but that's just my opinion.

3. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

What does the 2.2. do? Why do I want it? :)

4. behold_this

please don't take offense but my guess is you don't need it since you don't know about it. But you asked so first I'll say that Google is your friend. Searching will answer all your questions.

That being said the main things are JIT compiler, native app2sd, and native tethering for sharing 3g/internet connection. If you don't understand any of that...like I said before...google is your friend.

5. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I think a bugfix update is more likely in the next month or two with 2.2 coming later in the fall.

6. Deathmetalchan

Deathmetalchan Member

That sounds about right.

7. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Hopefully the bugfix will take care of the jittery Skymap and pause/ludicrous speed when scrolling web pages...

8. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

Ya I thought that was a fling feature or something the pause and then speedy scroll or at least I thought I read it in the pdf manual anywho it does get a bit annoying... sorry for going on a tangent... ha made a funny!

9. dysfunkshunel

dysfunkshunel Member

This actually might be true. I recently got a job with T-mobile, and on our sources it dates the vibrant for the 21st. I'll definitely let you guys know if the OTA for the myTouch comes out, if it is coming soon I'll know within the week. I'm about to root it anyway haha. So who knows whats gonna happen.

10. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I think the bigger issue is fixing that darn syncing issue with T-Mobile. It would be nice if that would work so MAYBE the MyFaves info would actually reflect the latest info AND so the syncing didn't stay on constantly. Quite annoying.

11. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

2.2 Froyo allows Apps to SD
    When you download apps from the market place, it saves them on your phones memory. Well your phone's memory isn't that big. The 8gb feature is stating your SD card. So when we get froyo, we can download apps from the market and save them to the SD card.

Why is this important? because if you download too many apps, then you will get that annoying pop up that says low memory. then you have to play God and decided which apps live and which ones are lost forever.

Also of course, 2.2 offers tethering. Tethering allows you to use your phone (attached to your computer) as a way to connect to the internet when you are on the phone and there is not a wifi modem around. It uses the phones PAID internet access.

Those are the most important ones.

12. behold_this

Biggest thing is JIT compiler. that is what boosts speeds on all phones running 2.2 to at minimum twice their speed without 2.2

13. rleal2010

I know that, but for the person asking, I thought that the person would care more about tethering and apps to sd.

14. behold_this

My post was for that members benefit. Not yours as I'm sure you know what you need to know, but everything you mentioned can be achieved below 2.2 with root. the JIT compiler can not. So that's what is special about 2.2.

15. rleal2010

To: Behold_This

maybe we should start addressing our audiences? hmmm!

16. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

Omg you two get a room..... **NO OFFENSE**

Y'all are clogging up these precious forums with y'alls matrimonial bickering just agree to disagree and move on through the forums or correct and or add on too one anothers comments with a little bit more decorum... ;>}

17. behold_this

How were we bickering guy? What are you even talking about? How bout you don't clog the forum with your double posts! Lmfao

18. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

Hey hey I tried to fix my double posting as quick as possible on my phone... Ha... ok I'm done for the day thanks...